Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Not sure why it’d be emasculating to consult or even just vent thoughts to some dudes on the internet. Even if it doesn’t immediately solve issues, venting helps get some of that stress out and writing shit out can help clarify and focus your thoughts so you can express them easier later. Just because you’re a dude doesn’t mean you need to sit and stew in frustration with no one to listen. That shit isn’t healthy.

For the relationship shit, lurkingdirk nailed it, except I wouldn’t go so far to tell her you considered breaking vows, or anything related to those nudes (hope you deleted them). Unless you have the worlds most rational, logic-based woman, just saying that is more than likely going to torpedo any potential for progress I think.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not sure why it’d be emasculating to consult or even just vent thoughts to some dudes on the internet. Even if it doesn’t immediately solve issues, venting helps get some of that stress out and writing shit out can help clarify and focus your thoughts so you can express them easier later. Just because you’re a dude doesn’t mean you need to sit and stew in frustration with no one to listen. That shit isn’t healthy.

For the relationship shit, lurkingdirk nailed it, except I wouldn’t go so far to tell her you considered breaking vows, or anything related to those nudes (hope you deleted them). Unless you have the worlds most rational, logic-based woman, just saying that is more than likely going to torpedo any potential for progress I think.

You're right, but it still doesn't feel great. I don't post a lot, but I've been around FoH for two decades, I read the board every single day, and I've come to respect the opinions of a lot of posters (though some of you are colossal wastes of skin and oxygen) hence the pride-swallowing post(s).

About the nudes:

I actually told my wife after I forced her to promise that she wouldn't approach the girl or get her fired. She didn't want to see the pictures and never did before I deleted them, but it did make her insane with jealousy. Which is exactly why I told her. I wanted to remind her that I am a desirable man (fuck you haters) and she needs to be more proactive.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Venting to people you know you're better than is the lifeblood of FoH.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
My wife notices if I move knick-knacks like 2mm or some microscopic crumbs nobody ever sees and wakes up early and cleans.

She's effing crazy, but she doesn't force anyone else to do it. She just wants everything clean and does it herself.
She's also Asian. So... umm... does she have a sister?

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
She won't even sext me because she says "I have no imagination and it's just weird." How am I supposed to work with that?

Tell her "Let's get weird then!" and start telling her how hard Noodlebutt makes you when he mopes about his messy house.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'm not at all tired of her. Truthfully, I want more of her.
you sure you just don't have like old memory problems?

like you're fucking 40 and decide to call up ol jimbo and fly back to your "hometown" and go buy some cheap bud light and hangout on the school benches, cuz that was awesome 22 years ago.

jimbo is putting 3 kids through college and has a 5am meeting with australia tomorrow, fuck off

ppl change

ppl grow,

some ppl regress, you got the short end

i knew a guy in jersey who hasn't fucked his wife in 5years cuz she has lime disease and a fucking soft wind would topple her and kill her, he still loves her, what are you gonna do.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
You're right, but it still doesn't feel great. I don't post a lot, but I've been around FoH for two decades, I read the board every single day, and I've come to respect the opinions of a lot of posters (though some of you are colossal wastes of skin and oxygen) hence the pride-swallowing post(s).

About the nudes:

I actually told my wife after I forced her to promise that she wouldn't approach the girl or get her fired. She didn't want to see the pictures and never did before I deleted them, but it did make her insane with jealousy. Which is exactly why I told her. I wanted to remind her that I am a desirable man (fuck you haters) and she needs to be more proactive.
This is all really self-centered. Are you sure you love your wife?

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I still don’t understand his actual problem.

Are you fucking your wife regularly but it’s boring sex?

Are you having to initiate all of the sex? (That’s gonna be normal unless you’re going out in public together and getting constantly hit on so she has to mate guard once again).

Are you just wanting some strange?

You working as hard as you can to be completely obtuse.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Hes looking for validation to cheat on his wife

Who he knew wasn't willing to initiate sex

For the last 20 years

• 1Like
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Truth!

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
As my first post in this thread, I'd like to agree with lurkingdirk that just going ahead and cheating on her makes you a gigantic, unforgivable douchebag.

If you want to fuck someone else, either tell her and get her permission or just end it with her. If you don't do one of those things, you're just a petulant, unrepentant, untrustworthy piece of shit. The fact that you are even considering it and telling the board about it means you aren't half the husband you claim to be and don't actually give as much of a shit about your wife as you want everyone to believe.

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
As my first post in this thread, I'd like to agree with lurkingdirk that just going ahead and cheating on her makes you a gigantic, unforgivable douchebag.

If you want to fuck someone else, either tell her and get her permission or just end it with her. If you don't do one of those things, you're just a petulant, unrepentant, untrustworthy piece of shit. The fact that you are even considering it and telling the board about it means you aren't half the husband you claim to be and don't actually give as much of a shit about your wife as you want everyone to believe.
He can make her cum in one minute dude. Come on

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
To be fair, that leaves 59 extra minutes in the hour to have sex with someone else.

• 3Worf
  • 2Truth!

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
If you think it's emasculating to talk about this to an anonymous message board, I'm guessing that you've been less-than-communicative with your wife about your needs.

She's not a mind reader. If you've been less than clear or consistent about your feelings on the matter, then no, her natural behaviors aren't going to change.
I understand it can sometimes be painful to be completely honest about your soft, emotionally, romantically-driven self. Fear of rejection can exist in a 20-year-old relationship.
But if she hasn't been told how you feel - or, if you did so while trying to pussyfoot around how important it is to you- then you can't say you've tried to improve the situation.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
wormie 2.0
I'm expecting the same payoff: radio silence.
So much this.

It has been laid out for him in the nicest possible way. Even KHANE of all people used the kids glove approach and was dead on with his advice, and Khane usually likes being devil's advocate in these scenarios. And Grabbit is still trying to rationalize nuking his marriage out of boredom. Not even because his wife is not putting out enough but because she is not putting out in his preferred degree of kinky. Someone has to be the asshole here, so.....

Situation as you have described it (correct me if I am wrong here):
Wife is in decent shape, physically and mentally, to the point you are attracted to her.
You are in love with this woman.
This woman keeps an orderly life and house, with no drama or hassle for you.
You get plenty of sex, but are unsatisfied with her level of kink.
You hit the gym and Chadded up and are getting hit on by young thots.

What is the fucking issue exactly? You made a vow. You have a great woman (by your own accounts). Your life is stable and drama free. Be a fucking man and keep your vow. This IS all there is. This is the fucking point. Drama free partnership with someone with good self esteem and you find desirable is winning at life. No situation is ever going to be perfect and no human is, either. There are probably one or two things your wife is dissatisfied with you about. But adults learn to accept that when the important shit that really matters is right. Be a fucking man and honor your god damn vows. If you are sexually bored, go download some degenerate shit and rub one out or something, because this midlife crisis shit is going to end in about 5-8 years anyhow. All you have to do is have the discipline to realize what you have and ride it out.

Ironically, your wife hit the real issue on the head. You ARE the woman in your relationship. You have everything any reasonable person could ask for in a relationship and you are trying to rationalize setting your life on fire because one or two things are not perfect. You did the whole "doll myself" up thing at the gym in the run up to this whole getting ready to step out thing, just like women who are getting ready to cheat tend to do. And worse than all of this, you took some nudes that got dangled in front of you (no one believes you deleted these btw) and used them to gain leverage on your wife in a whole "see, I can do better if you won't meet my demands" maneuver. You topped that whole play off by making sure to defend the little thot from harm, when having your wife go nuclear on some dumb whore might actually be the sort of excitement you claim to be looking for. And then when it was made clear to you the fact that there is zero emotional fulfillment to be had from some 20 year old airhead (especially the kind who sends nudes to a married guy), you pivoted to the concept of cheating with women more your own age. You are a bored house wife trying to justify trading up to yourself. It is comical how spot on the parallel is.

What you should do is man the fuck up, apologize to your wife for entertaining temptation, and work this out with her. Your literally having the whole female biological clock ticking thing going on, which is why you went full chad and are thinking about banging women half your age in the first place. Recognize it for what it is and stick to the straight and narrow. Don't put yourself in the path of temptation. Get into counseling if the lack of kink is enough of a stress for you that you are tempted to nuke your otherwise perfect life from orbit. But most of all, stop being a fucking woman and trying to rationalize shitty behavior out of selfishness. There was no sane reason to show those nudes to your wife, beyond emotional blackmail. If you felt guilty, you would have deleted them and told said thot "sorry not interested on the spot" or kept them secretly for your personal spank bank. Telling the wife and then protecting the little home wrecker from her (in essence picking another woman over your wife in a fidelity argument) is the height of stupid.

What you will do, however, is pull a Wormie (or Lindz) here. You will ignore all the advice and rationalize destroying your life over what you have already admitted is inconsequential emotional bullshit. You will step out, possibly trading the wife in for the younger version of the same person like Wormie did. Maybe you will go full retard and bang one of her friends, given your stated "emotional" needs. Thing is any woman in your age bracket who is actually available (e/g/ not cheating themselves) is going to have tons of baggage (and kids) or be batshit, unless their the rare bird like MsG who is a widow at an early age. Who knows, but you will justify sticking your dick where it does not belong and follow through. BUT.....

..IF you do decide to trash your life, you are right about one key thing. Do it now. You say your wife is independent and a seven. Flipping the table now gives her a solid chance to start over while she has these things going for her. You owe her that much, at least, after two decades of loyal marriage. If you know you are not going to be happy and cannot honor your commitment, get out now while she still has a good chance to rebound to something better.

Meanwhile you will nuke your life and whatever "the one" person you dumped her for while turn out like shit. Then just like Wormie and Lindz, you will never be seen in this thread again because you wont be able to face the music when it turns out everyone here was right. Thus your transformation into bored housewife will be complete like theirs was.

I HOPE you man up on this, because I think you realize how good you have it. If Noodle can be a champ with a slob wife who never orgasms and won't let him spend his own time/money how he wants, I am pretty sure you can handle a few years of missionary sex until your dick slows down around 50. In the meantime, I recommend the highly underrated movie Hall Pass that just about completely covers your situation. You are the Jason Sudeikis character, btw....

But Khane said it best. What kind of man do you want to be?

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There's a whole lot of ridiculous assumptions here despite the fact I have posted specifics.

Also, save the righteousness indignation. The suggestion that I'm a failure of a man because I have considered cheating on my wife is laughable. Because none of you have ever had a similar thought, right? The reality is that I would never cheat because I respect her and she's more than earned a heads up and clean break before I did anything.

I feel like I've been clear about what the problem is and I'm not going to say any more other than it's a fairly straightforward issue and not too different than the "I need more attention" complaint that a lot of people in relationships make. Furthermore, as I've said, this isn't a new issue. It's been a problem for years and I've brought it up a dozen times and been extraordinarily patient. If you believe that making my wife a little jealous after she's ignored my concerns for years makes me a selfish prick, I'm confident you have Downs. It's perfectly acceptable for women to raise similar concerns, but when a man does it we need to stop the presses to vilify him. It's such a double standard that when women do irrational things because their needs aren't being met, the crazy shit they do is celebrated. And I'm the bad guy for telling my wife some hot ass wants my dick? Get fucked.

I didn't come here looking for 'permission' to cheat. I came hoping that a few of you would help me back away from the proverbial cliff by telling me I was being a faggot and getting me to recognize the poor RvR.

You guys did that and I appreciate it. I'm no closer to solving the problem, but I'm not going to blow up my marriage over it.

• 1Seriously?

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
wormie 2.0
I'm expecting the same payoff: radio silence.
Sounds nearly identical though I am sure the details are different. And my radio silence was because I didn't feel like being called a liar and a troll while sharing something personal; would not be surprised if this guy feels the same.