Marvel Netflix: Defenders

Ladro

Anomaly
Two episodes in and I feel like there's a pretty big tie in with Iron Fist that makes me feel like I'm missing shit. Decent but mostly setting the stage for the eventual team up so far.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
took 3 episodes before a White Privilege Speech by... superheroes.

I wish I was kidding.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Laedrun

Molten Core Raider
It's dd season 2.5 and iron fist season 1.5 smooshd together. It was good, best overall a since dd season 2. The writing and character acting wasn't as good as iron fist, but the fight scenes were properly choreographed, filmed, and edited, so It came out ahead of iron fist by a bit.

• 2Worf
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Laedrun

Molten Core Raider
took 3 episodes before a White Privilege Speech by... superheroes.

I wish I was kidding.

Yeah, I groaned pretty loud. Danny rand was beaten unconscious with bamboo rods by his masters from the age of 9, Luke cage saw a documentary about other blacks being treated the same 200 years ago...Danny better humble himself before them deeEeEep roots >;P

• 1Picard

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Yeah, I groaned pretty loud. Danny rand was beaten unconscious with bamboo rods by his masters from the age of 9, Luke cage saw a documentary about other blacks being treated the same 200 years ago...Danny better humble himself before them deeEeEep roots >;P

Yep. Luke was assuming his privilege.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
but the fight scenes were properly choreographed, filmed, and edited

Are you joking? The fight moves I could see were well done, sure, but all the fucking quick cuts literally gave me a fucking headache. Mostly in ep 7 and 8.

• 1Solidarity

Laedrun

Molten Core Raider
Are you joking? The fight moves I could see were well done, sure, but all the fucking quick cuts literally gave me a fucking headache. Mostly in ep 7 and 8.

Compared to iron fist not Ip Man. They were pretty damn good for a tv show.

Maybe iron fist's train wreck action scenes just lowered my bar for the Netflix shows.

• 1Picard

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Compared to iron fist not Ip Man. They were pretty damn good for a tv show.

Maybe iron fist's train wreck action scenes just lowered my bar for the Netflix shows.

Um, go watch any fight scene in DD, then come tell me how good these were. I'm mainly talking about the editing. Your eyes barely have time to focus before they cut to a new shot. Hell, S1 DD one long shot hallway fight is IMO one of the best ever, and then you have these 2-3 minute fights with how many, 100+ cuts per fight? ugh.

• 1Solidarity

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Halfway in. So far I'm loving it. The different colors and tones they use for each scene is really well done.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I really like it (aside from 'hey, where did that earthquake happen').

Finished 5 episodes tonight and looking forward to finishing it tomorrow.

Favorite thing about it is probably all of Jessica Jones' smart ass remarks and any scene where when Iron Fist explains anything about his history or abilities and he's immediately made fun of, lol.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I feel like Luke Cage and Jessica Jones really make the show with their character interactions. I found it enjoyable overall, though I'm unsure what to think of the ending. I wish there was a little more of the side characters interacting, because it could have had some hilarious stuff.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Agreed, I find JJ to be the most compelling character, and Luke is pretty good too. The shaky cam fight scenes were pretty bad.. it's a far cry from the single take scenes from DD.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
First episode was so boring. Are they doing the earthquake plot from Arrow?

I agree, I almost stopped there. But second episode was good and I watched it though from there. With maybe a few hours break. I liked it except for the end that I felt was kinda weak. Electra makes much better villain then hero that's for sure. But the weakness of ending fight scenes were a let down. Not to mention the heroes becoming terrorists at the end. The ending left to much unsaid that I assume will be explored DD season three.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Good to see that the Hand has equal opportunity hires and shit all the way to the top!

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I don't get it. In Iron Fist the Hand wtf raped Kun'Lun and now they aren't able to return to it?

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
First two episodes were slow, but episode 3 it picks up and I've really enjoyed the rest of it.

I'm on episode 6, but I can't help feeling like Jessica Jones is just useless as a member of the team. Really, it seems like Luke Cage should just go strolling into the Hand's headquarters and take them all down single-handedly (lolpun) given his apparently unstoppable level of power compared to everyone else on the show. Definitely some big power disparities, but I figure that was bound to happen.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
First two episodes were slow, but episode 3 it picks up and I've really enjoyed the rest of it.

I'm on episode 6, but I can't help feeling like Jessica Jones is just useless as a member of the team. Really, it seems like Luke Cage should just go strolling into the Hand's headquarters and take them all down single-handedly (lolpun) given his apparently unstoppable level of power compared to everyone else on the show. Definitely some big power disparities, but I figure that was bound to happen.

Jessica has always had extremely varying levels of super strength... because plot!