Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Do you realize how fucking retarded you are? How much experience did Curt Schilling have as an MMO designer when he tried to make his game? Kurt Warner was actually a quarterback, so your analogy makes no fucking sense at all. Now, fuck off back to your pathetic life.

Yes, my analogy made exactly the amount of sense that it needed to make. Thanks for noticing!

I dont understand why them taking their time is being thrown out as such a negative thing. The reason almost every one of the past MMOs had some massive exploit or garbage half done content was because it was rushed out of the door. I'd rather wait till 2020 and get a well designed, tested, and polished game than to play another horribly broken & unfinished mmo.

They're talking about maybe getting all of the classes ready before (or maybe after) release. People are getting semis because there's rumors of like a sixth zone that's nearly playable any day now. If they keep their noses clean and stay out of trouble for a couple years they're right on track to rush things out the door horribly broken and unfinished in 2020.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I dont understand why them taking their time is being thrown out as such a negative thing. The reason almost every one of the past MMOs had some massive exploit or garbage half done content was because it was rushed out of the door. I'd rather wait till 2020 and get a well designed, tested, and polished game than to play another horribly broken & unfinished mmo.
Don't act like with a 2020 release, pantheon won't be a horribly unfinished mmo

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Don't act like with a 2020 release, pantheon won't be a horribly unfinished mmo

Have to act kind of neutral here, its still a private closed test being shilled by a rabid fanbase. This forum and the posts here will be much different once the game is open for all to play.

I can be hopeful they break the chain of the last 6 US mmo's with massive exploits and horrible testing phases. I play every MMO hard with my clique, would be nice for one to have actual working raids and end game content that isnt massively exploited the first weekend. The last clean race we had was FFXIV ARR and that was a rang rang game.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I don't think anyone is seriously asking about updates. This game is a solid 2 years away if they make it right. Alpha will be end of year, and they really need to test this thoroughly for about 18-24 months. I'm sure Brad would love to release this on March 16, 2020 (EQ 21st anniversary). It really shouldn't release until late 2021. Ashes of Creation will be out long before this and hopefully this releases right around the time I need something new or want a little something different. Either way, I'll give it a try.

• 2Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I don't think anyone is seriously asking about updates. This game is a solid 2 years away if they make it right. Alpha will be end of year, and they really need to test this thoroughly for about 18-24 months. I'm sure Brad would love to release this on March 16, 2020 (EQ 21st anniversary). It really shouldn't release until late 2021. Ashes of Creation will be out long before this and hopefully this releases right around the time I need something new or want a little something different. Either way, I'll give it a try.

I'm expecting a very late 2020 launch at the earliest. I'm with Korrupt and you on this one, I'd hate to see it earlier than that. We've already waited forever, I'd rather keep waiting than see it launch as a dumpster fire.

If we do see Alpha in December of 2018, we'll probably see Beta in December of 2019 and that puts us on track for that late 2020, early 2021 launch period.

• 2Like

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm expecting a very late 2020 launch at the earliest. I'm with Korrupt and you on this one, I'd hate to see it earlier than that. We've already waited forever, I'd rather keep waiting than see it launch as a dumpster fire.

If we do see Alpha in December of 2018, we'll probably see Beta in December of 2019 and that puts us on track for that late 2020, early 2021 launch period.

We've been down this road over and over for 15 years, this is one of our last hopes. I am just as skeptical as everyone else but I 100% want this to work and am almost sure it will. We made fucking Vanguard work with less of a community than this already has, this game will be fine regardless. Plus if youre having fun who gives a fuck what people think. I was the Vanguard fanboi and dealt with 100x worse than the hate and negativity here.

Mick

<Gold Donor>
I don think they have the income stream to last until 2020 unless they get some sort of publishing deal or an angel investor.

• 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I don think they have the income stream to last until 2020 unless they get some sort of publishing deal or an angel investor.

I don't think they'd be expanding the team if they had projected financial issues in their near future. They're pretty tight lipped on funding and such though, so everything is pure conjecture unless someone here is in the know.

• 1Like

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't think they'd be expanding the team if they had projected financial issues in their near future. They're pretty tight lipped on funding and such though, so everything is pure conjecture unless someone here is in the know.

They'll absolutely expand the team regardless of projected financial issues of it's deemed necessary for the project. Can tell you that from first hand experience. Don't use a 'now hiring' sign as any indication of the financial health of a project in this business.

• 2Like

wilkxus

<Bronze Donator>
Agreed. IMO the best one can hope for is that VR moves at a pace they can afford. VR obviously do not have the funds today to throw at a teams of two dozen programmers to rush the project to completion (like Sigil did with Vanguard) . At at the same time it is frustratingly (to the dirt-bike haters) obvious that VR do have the sense to not burn through whatever funds sustain them atm by doing a hail mary rush to push something brown-n-stinky like VG out the door.

*gasp* people live and learn yep, some of em have been around the block a few times, some of em have good experience, talent and design decently fun (even if buggy as hell) games!

There is definitely hope with the slow and steady progress shown on Pantheon provided they invest dev resources wisely enough to reach a decent enough game state to pass the next funding milestone. That hypothetical milestone I would speculate will be in Alpha, if they demonstrate some decent game successfully fleshing out their new ideas. Probably need a much bigger influx of funding then to carry through to completion sometime past 2020++.

• 2Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The rabid fanboi optimism for this game is honestly nothing short of hilarious.

giphy.gif

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Louis

Trakanon Raider
The rabid fanboi optimism for this game is honestly nothing short of hilarious.

Its just as entertaining reading the negative nancies shift the goal posts every time advancements are made.

"This will never be a playable game" Playable game gets released.

"Well it wont be a fun game" everyone that seems to play it has positive things to say

"Yea but they probably only have 1 working zone" zones get added monthly to bi monthly.

"Theyll never be on pace because they dont have 100 devs like blizzard"
Ect ect.

Is this rabid fanboy stuff from the official forums? Because i read just about every post in this thread and its pretty much just gifs and 90% hopeful optimisim.

• 6Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 7 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Its just as entertaining reading the negative nancies shift the goal posts every time advancements are made.

"This will never be a playable game" Playable game gets released.

No game has been released - Try again

"Well it wont be a fun game" everyone that seems to play it has positive things to say

Nobody can really comment on playing it because of some super secret NDA and paid streams

"Yea but they probably only have 1 working zone" zones get added monthly to bi monthly.

How much smoke and mirrors did Brad blow up Microsofts asshole? Is it that hard to fake a couple of trees and pastures?

"Theyll never be on pace because they dont have 100 devs like blizzard"
Ect ect.

How many devs are there really? How many apprentice Dev's who pay Brad for the title are there?

Is this rabid fanboy stuff from the official forums? Because i read just about every post in this thread and its pretty much just gifs and 90% hopeful optimisim.

Not sure if any goalpost has really been moved? When this game releases I'll believe it until then I give with about as much chance as EQ:Next to be released. If it overcomes those odds and actually does release it's quite possible we are looking at some Duke Nukem Forever level shitware.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This game has a lot higher chance then EQ Next ever did. It has shown actual game play footage and people outside he company are playing.

• 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
TIL: Believing a game will release makes you a rabid fanboy optimist.

What a time to be alive.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users