Skyrim

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Not sure what's been released on Xbox for SE. Your two big problems will be no SKSE (not that PC has that either yet for SE) and the 2GB hard limit for mods. I'd imagine there's plenty to sift through to enhance your game. At this point you'll probably only be missing the really large texture packs, which may or may not be a big deal to you.

Xbox gets 5 GB and PS4 gets 2GB.

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
I bought the non special addition with all dlc when it was on sale a few months ago. I have 41 mods installed.

Unofficial patch mods are great (minimal glitches encountered through hundreds of hours of game play). There are versions for dawn guard and dragonborne DLCs as well.

SkyUI is a 100% must have, the in game UI is complete garbage for PC. There is another mod that adds visible roads on the map, this comes in handy although it's more of a passive mod.

The left handed ring mod is also great if you want extra enchantments/buffs. Again there are also dawnguard versions as well if you have the dlc.

AFT (Amazing follower tweaks) is another wonderful mod allowing much more in-depth control over followers list of spells, behavior, and appearance.

The midas magic mods are also a lot of fun. You use crafting items and ingredients to create new spellbooks ranging from necromancy to paralysis runes and even calling meteors to crush your foes.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Picked this up for about $6 this morning and spent 3 hours downloading mods/mod managers/hd textures, etc. It really looks spectacular fullly modded from the vids I've seen and was stoked to try it out finally. What a mess and a waste of time. All i did was get the SKSE/NMM/ENB/2k HD textures (Lite) and SkyUI and it was absolutely unplayable. It seems I need a degree in computer science to figure out how to run mods for this shit. Oh well, uninstalled without even getting through the tutorial. Maybe Fallout 4 will be better.

• 1SJW
Reactions: 1 user

Ruhl

Boner Donor
Did you download LOOT? It's a mod order organizer that also tells you about any conflicts within your mod order. I've got around 60ish mods myself & haven't really run into many issues.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Picked this up for about $6 this morning and spent 3 hours downloading mods/mod managers/hd textures, etc. It really looks spectacular fullly modded from the vids I've seen and was stoked to try it out finally. What a mess and a waste of time. All i did was get the SKSE/NMM/ENB/2k HD textures (Lite) and SkyUI and it was absolutely unplayable. It seems I need a degree in computer science to figure out how to run mods for this shit. Oh well, uninstalled without even getting through the tutorial. Maybe Fallout 4 will be better.

The skse hasn't been updated for 64 bit, so any mod that requires that to run won't work.

• 1Like

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Started over from scratch, picked up the DLC high res textures, SkyUI, Ordinators, and LOOT to get it all in the right order. So far so good. I think it was the ENB stuff that was the problem.

• 1Like

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Trying a new install of this. Deleted the 64 bit version and went back to the 32 bit one.

First

Then some from

STEP:2.2.9.2 - S.T.E.P. Project Wiki

but mostly follow this guide for graphical effects

RealVision ENB at Skyrim Nexus - mods and community

+ a few more, especially the immersive armour / cloaks / weapons / creatures / dragons

Using mod organizer and not NMM

Previously every time I have modded it (in the first years of launch), it updated, broke mods, caused CTDs and I got way too demotivated to try to fix it. Hopefully now with the new edition, they will leave the old one alone. Honestly such a hassle that if I knew anyone in real life that was good at this, I'd pay them to set it up.

Boloboy

Bronze Knight of the Realm
wanna play through the dlc`s....but dont have my savegame as this is a different pc. Anyone mind sharing one?

Argarth

On the verandah
Many studios have been releasing 32 & 64 bit game engines out of the box for years now, or at least freely supplying/patching for x64 exes later in their games' lifecycles.

The simple fact that Bethesda had the audacity to charge for the x64 version, and dress it up as some sort of "Special Edition" 5 years down the fucking track, just astounds me.

Well not really, I'm more surprised that I'm capable of despising their shit company even more than I already did before this latest lazy cynical cash-grab.

• 1Salty

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
PC master race wins again! You either got that shit for free or you had plenty of warning to pick up whatever DLC you were missing on the cheap so you would get the remaster for free.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
PC master race wins again! You either got that shit for free or you had plenty of warning to pick up whatever DLC you were missing on the cheap so you would get the remaster for free.
I had gotten the legendary edition a while back but never put very much time into it. Just realized I got the remaster for free. Might be worth getting all the mods loaded up and try it out again.

Oldbased

> Than U
Ouch. $40( Sale for $30 atm ) for the SE.
I could have sworn I played those DLCs back in the day as well, but it claims I only owned the game so I didn't get the SE for free.
Now has me debating worth $30 to do what I already had done so long ago.