Sound of Freedom (2023)

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
The bullshit just never stops. Just like the conspiracy about AMC blocking it. Half fakers and half legit problems that happen in theaters and not a massive conspiracy. Maybe one or two theater owners or workers out of thousands did something deliberate.

It's in 3200 theaters. They could literally just not show it, period. They have zero obligation to show this movie, let alone add 400+ screens last week.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
So is this actually good or are people brainlessly just watching/supporting it as some political agenda because Hollywood hates it?

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Who was that poster that met a hooker in a walmart parking lot, found out she was a dude, and decided to get his money's worth anyway? Are you looking top that poster?
Fuck Yea Hell Yeah GIF by LoveIndieFilms

I'll top anyone you put in front of me, bro. I didn't get all dressed up just to sit on the bench.

like a boss dog hump GIF

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The bullshit just never stops. Just like the conspiracy about AMC blocking it. Half fakers and half legit problems that happen in theaters and not a massive conspiracy. Maybe one or two theater owners or workers out of thousands did something deliberate.

It's in 3200 theaters. They could literally just not show it, period. They have zero obligation to show this movie, let alone add 400+ screens last week.
ok pedophile

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Skimmed it.The entire article works pretty hard to take the focus off of the traffickers themselves and put it on nebulous societal problems. Looks like a lot of wanting more funding for anti-drug programs and other gibs. Also -

View attachment 482362

Time in article devoted to feeding traffickers face first in to wood chippers - zero.
Good…because they should be going in feet first.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Decided spur of the moment to go see this after work yesterday, mostly because of reading the stuff here. Managed to get a good open (reserved) seat between several groups. This is the first movie I've seen in years that wasn't a) Top Gun 2 with my parents or b) an event paid for by work to have dinner, drinks, and IMAX.

I am extremely happy that I went to see this. I'm not going to say that I loved the movie, because it is a tough movie to "love" simply due to the subject matter. I felt it was extremely well done, and I particularly like that there wasn't any Hollywood bullshit where Caviezel fights a guy for 5 minutes and then blows the fuck out of people and buildings as he escapes. This was about as realistic as you could get in that respect.

Like I said, extremely happy I saw this. It was a very powerful movie that obviously makes you think about something we normally just gloss over. I even was telling my coworker about it this morning and while he leans the same way politically, he said, "I don't need to watch a movie like that, it will just make me mad," (he has 4 kids of his own) and I told him that's exactly why he needs to go see it. He complains along with me about the pedos in Hollywood and government, and of course none of us actually do anything about it, so the least he can do is go see this movie and spread the word. He still won't go see it, but he might watch it on streaming later at least.

Amusing racist/homophobic side note about going to the theater despite knowing I risked losing my shit if people were annoying. I mentioned I had a single seat left over between groups. To my right were two gay white guys. At first I honestly thought they might be a little retarded. Hell, maybe they were. But I eventually figured out they were gay, and they'd say stuff like, "Oh gosh!" or read off the name of the fucking city that was written on screen, as if we all needed him to help out. On an annoyance scale they were about a 4. Enough to rustle my jimmies, but not enough to really ruin it. On my left were two couples, all black. Kinda thuggish looking, but mid-20s probably. Never said a fucking word during the entire movie. Didn't fuck with their phones. Dude next to me even had a mini pizza box and was super careful not to let it stray (bump me) or make noise while he opened it, etc. And at the end of the movie, after Caviezel gives his spiel that honestly maybe hits harder than most of the movie, he glances at me, we nod because we've just watched a movie about fucked up stuff, and he says, "Oof, that was tough." Perfect fucking movie neighbors.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
For a film that is only in a limited number of theaters it's doing pretty damn good. And I think worldwide release is in a week or so? And then an online streaming release at some point.

View attachment 482742

I just saw this on...I want to say Sunday? and the theater was packed, no visible empty seats. The last time I saw a theater completely full for something was Avengers Endgame. Yes, this was much more packed than Quantumania or the other last several Marvel movies I inexplicably watched.

• 2Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Probably won't watch this but I am tempted to buy tickets regardless just because I hate the left.

I don't hate anybody, but I do find it pretty funny how every major thing they rail against for some stupid reason seems to end up doing extremely well. Joker, Hogwarts Legacy, now this, among many other things. CNN or Kotaku heavily railing against anything seems to actually increase its popularity.

If CNN were smart they would have pulled an Uno Reverse Card and tried to pretend that the movie is something pedos would like and only pedos are going to see it, at least that might have deterred some people.

I even was telling my coworker about it this morning and while he leans the same way politically, he said, "I don't need to watch a movie like that, it will just make me mad," (he has 4 kids of his own) and I told him that's exactly why he needs to go see it. He complains along with me about the pedos in Hollywood and government, and of course none of us actually do anything about it, so the least he can do is go see this movie and spread the word. He still won't go see it, but he might watch it on streaming later at least.

Same goes for my mom, doesn't want to see this because she knows it'll make her mad. Had to tell her that it doesn't show any graphic stuff with kids or anything like that. I think she'll watch it on streaming later as well and see that it isn't what she'd built up in her mind. She just really can't handle anything pertaining to kids and I think that's a whole lot of people. There were a few people crying or sniffling like 5 minutes into the movie when the groomer lady was putting lipstick on the girl, like, people were already freaking out. I don't blame them. Everyone settled down before too long as the movie broke through their comfort zone. We gotta understand how rough of a subject this is for most.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is this the main point of contention with this movie that is the base of driving all the hate? That Tim Ballard is a Qtard?

Imgur is infested with the far left, so hard to believe them, but don't care enough to verify his Qtardedness:
2023-07-18 22.13.42 imgur.com 299056240db8.png

Last edited:
  • 2Picard

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Is this the main point of contention with this movie that is the base of driving all the hate? That Tim Ballard is a Qtard?

Imgur is infested with the far left, so hard to believe them, but don't care enough to verify his Qtardedness:
View attachment 483078
no, this is why they hate him

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

I didn't buy into the "they're interfering with the movie" stuff. It seems like there's an awful lot of examples of it though. Hopefully it really is mostly coincidence but I wouldn't be surprised if a fair amount of theater staff were taking it upon themselves to mess with showings of the movie out of spite.

“Child trafficking exists”

QTARRRRD!!!1!1!

For some reason people on the left think QAnon is this huge threat and scourge, even though from what I can tell it's basically just a bunch of people on message boards who want to know what the uber-wealthy are up to. Probably diddling kids on islands, honestly. They always bring up that one guy who went to a pizza place with a gun (and didn't actually kill anyone). The same people very easily ignore Antifa burning down 280+ buildings. It's super weird cognitive dissonance. "Q" seems to be one of the few things they're socially allowed to hate so they do that.

There's also this attitude that the right / conservatives / whatever use "the kids" as a sort of political weapon, like everything's always about "protecting the kids". Uh...yeah? Admittedly some instances of conservative "save the keeds" messaging have been moral panics over nothing, maybe even a lot of instances. But I fail to see why "Q people believe blah blah" is a bigger topic of discussion and outrage than actual child trafficking is. Especially when it's not just a problem, it's such a BIG problem that it's set to eclipse the drug trade in money in the next few years.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user