Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021)

Brad2770

7 years is almost as fast? Interesting.

also as that would insinuate my son would be a mistake, you can fuck right off with that.

Chasing my ex and marrying her was definitely a stupid choice on my part, but my kid was never a mistake. I would never insinuate yours was too. Plus, I have told you that you’re one of the people I genuinely respect on the board so don’t get your panties in a wad.

And 7 years. Damn how fast time flies. I thought it was only 3 or 4 years total. My memory failed me.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy
saw this at 3:15 PM today, packed theater. just goes to show...

not really sure where they plan on taking the character now unless the memory wipe is the whole plan to continue building up the spider-verse

also real winner of this movie was Andrew Garfield

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This movie is going to break a lot of records.

Theaters should just keep this one up for 2 months. Its not like anything else is coming for a while. I went to go watch and backed out because all showings are still packed.

It is the perfect storm. Holidays plus a well reviewed Spider-man with throw backs to all the previous movies, and then you add in Dr. Strange. Place this into an environment where all Covid Restrictions have been canceled and you have a 2 Billion dollar movie coming. Marvel+ Disney is still going strong after End-Game. It is amazing to behold.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

Theaters should just keep this one up for 2 months. Its not like anything else is coming for a while. I went to go watch and backed out because all showings are still packed.

It is the perfect storm. Holidays plus a well reviewed Spider-man with throw backs to all the previous movies, and then you add in Dr. Strange. Place this into an environment where all Covid Restrictions have been canceled and you have a 2 Billion dollar movie coming. Marvel+ Disney is still going strong after End-Game. It is amazing to behold.
might as well. when i was a kid, the local theater only played like a handful of films for the year. maybe as few as 3. empire strikes back was playing most of the year and people still went to see it every weekend.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

They are depowering Spidey. He doesn't have any Iron Man tech anymore or any of the resources from other areas. He's being changed to finally be your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
They are depowering Spidey. He doesn't have any Iron Man tech anymore or any of the resources from other areas. He's being changed to finally be your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man.
sounds like a step in the right direction, but it is sort of a big fuck you to Tony's legacy.

• 1Salty

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I don't think people are forgetting who Spider-Man is. They're forgetting who Peter Parker is.

• 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I don't think people are forgetting who Spider-Man is. They're forgetting who Peter Parker is.
This. Notice in the end when he talks to Happy they both use the phrase "through Spiderman". People still know who Spiderman is as Spiderman, but nobody knows who Peter Parker is (as evidenced by the fact that he had a GED study guide meaning he didn't get his HS diploma because Peter "doesn't exist" now.)

I am on the fence about "powering him down" and suddenly he doesn't have his nano suit, but it makes sense. Also opens up the door to why he'd want to try the symbiote suit eventually to do his universes version of Venom/Black Suit Spidey. I also have questions... is he still an Avenger? Did they all just accept that they have Spiderman as an Avenger without knowing his ID? Did Strange's final spell affect the whole multiverse or just the MCU? Why didn't Strange exempt himself from the effects of the spell, since we know a single exception wasn't a big deal? Lots of kinda odd loose ends.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I am on the fence about "powering him down" and suddenly he doesn't have his nano suit, but it makes sense. Also opens up the door to why he'd want to try the symbiote suit eventually to do his universes version of Venom/Black Suit Spidey.
The thing is that Spidey is pretty powerful even without the Starktech. I think all that stuff kind of just stunted the characters growth. All he did was learn to use the new gadgets that Stark gave him instead of growing his actual shit.

• 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
The thing is that Spidey is pretty powerful even without the Starktech. I think all that stuff kind of just stunted the characters growth. All he did was learn to use the new gadgets that Stark gave him instead of growing his actual shit.
This is true. Although the "pairing new device" gag was glorious to watch.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Why didn't Strange exempt himself from the effects of the spell, since we know a single exception wasn't a big deal? Lots of kinda odd loose ends.

I think the spell he had Strange cast was simpler by design (No exemptions, not just what Mysterio said, just blank Parker), since Strange seemed to be straining to prevent the multiverse of Spider-Rogues from collapsing into their own. So he had to just cast the most basic, barebones version of the spell.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
ok , but thats exactly how it would be weaponized by the nazis. like one big suicide bomb. stick that in the middle of Manhattan or Washington DC and it kills everyone
Melting everyone in DC? Don't threaten me with a good time!

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I am 100% pumped for the sequel. Found out Spider-Gwen is voiced by Haylee Steinfeld who plays Hawkeye's daughter.
She’s Vi in Arcane too. I’m pretty excited for the two sequels too. I’ve watched the first one a lot, as it’s one of the few of my kids movies I like so I watch it with him.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am 100% pumped for the sequel. Found out Spider-Gwen is voiced by Haylee Steinfeld who plays Hawkeye's daughter.
Ok, a couple of things wrong with this statement.

Hailee(Not Haylee) Steinfeld does not play Hawkeye's daughter. Ava Russo plays his daughter. Hailee Steinfeld plays Kate Bishop, who then becomes Hawkeye.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I fell out of Marvel movies a few years back. They just became too much to keep up with. I haven't even seen the other Tom Holland movies.

I got dragged to this movie and holy shit... it was so good. I saw the Toby & Andrew movies back in the day and the way they brought them back and honored their legacy & contributions to the character was pretty awesome.

Pretty easy 5.0/5.0 (for a Super Hero movie) for me.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
I fell out of Marvel movies a few years back. They just became too much to keep up with. I haven't even seen the other Tom Holland movies.

I got dragged to this movie and holy shit... it was so good. I saw the Toby & Andrew movies back in the day and the way they brought them back and honored their legacy & contributions to the character was pretty awesome.

Pretty easy 5.0/5.0 (for a Super Hero movie) for me.
Yeah this is how you do it. It retroactively made the first 5 movies better.

It's the total opposite of woke reboots like Terminator: Salvation which make the previous movies worse.

It also made me excited for more Dr.Strange. I hadn't seen any movies in a theatre for 2 years so this was a great movie to get people back into it.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users