Supernatural

Oatlord_sl

shitlord
Fantastic episode. I assume Guck will somehow sacrifice himself at the end. Although....Didn't they kill Death or something? I can't remember.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Halfway through tonights episode, glad this show is finally handling the arc

This show has been terrible for a while but these last 2 episodes have kinda sucked me back in. So god sacrifices and has Sam and Dean take over?

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
Fantastic episode. I assume Guck will somehow sacrifice himself at the end. Although....Didn't they kill Death or something? I can't remember.
Thought Death was more powerful than God. When he gave Dean his ring in Chicago he said he would eventually reap God. He told Dean it was hard to tell who was older.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
So, I'm just giving in to wishful thinking here, but I follow Christian Pitre on Facebook ever since I saw her as Mary Death in Bounty Killer, and she recently posted that she just joined a project to play "Death" (yes, typecasting). I would give my left nut to see her join the Winchesters next season while they deal with a new God, or finding the old one, or whatever.

I also realize there are probably dozens of Death roles going around at any given moment, but at least a show of Supernatural-level is a reasonable spot for an actress of her limited fame.

Caliane

handling god kindof terrible. They have humanized most of the characters. Crowely, king of hell, etc... Makes Hell seem so petty, tiny, and a joke.
"you can apologize, and not even mean it" Even Dogma made a point about god basically making rules she can't break. They could have easily set up god as otherworldly, just by having a simple thing like, "no I can't apologize, and not mean it, because if I do say "I am sorry" it becomes truth. the word of God is always true.

Oatlord_sl

shitlord
The whole scene between Lucifer and God having couples therapy, while amusing, flushed how well the two actors who played Lucifer had done. You could feel his hatred and evil when he was on screen.

Then that sit down. I still enjoyed it and the show, but it just feels like they phoned in these last few.

Homsar

The writing is terrible lately but I enjoy watching the actors interact with one another.

They set it up for the perfect series finale, Chuck should have sacrificed himself to kill Amara and made Sam and Dean stuck doing the Yin Yang

Oatlord_sl

shitlord
The writing is terrible lately but I enjoy watching the actors interact with one another.

They set it up for the perfect series finale, Chuck should have sacrificed himself to kill Amara and made Sam and Dean stuck doing the Yin Yang
Meaning they'll have to be God and the Devil?

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
What the fuck was that? It wasn't awful, but, just, what? I'm a diehard Supernatural fan. I even have the tattoo for fucksake (slightly altered). But even I was like wtf? Oh god. How Supernatural has fallen. I like that they gave The Darkness more depth and made her more human toward the end and I didn't find it bad that her and God reconciled. But this fucking London men of letters lady. Wut? Oh dear. That did not feel like an epic Supernatural season finale. They should have ended with a shot of Lucifer in his old vessel looking up at the fixed sun with an devilish grin on his face like he's got some shit in store for next season.

And yeah Caliane, I agree that God did not feel at all how I imagined him these past 10 seasons. I just try to tell myself the Chuck persona has seeped into his psyche so that's not really him in a way. He should have been a being of absolute awe. Remember when Raphael came down and the entire eastern seaboard lost their* electricity and he had lightning electricity for wings? Take that and multiply it by a thousand. That should have been God. But meh, whatever, it was still mostly entertaining. In my mind Supernatural was seasons 1-5 and the rest is basically fan fiction that's just for fun. That's how I continue to watch Supernatural as a diehard fan without getting upset and feeling like my baby has been ruined.

Caliane

I do like the Darkness ending. I didn't think this show had that in them. That idea has always amused me, and wish more fiction did it. Ancient evil released, and... its just happy to be released and wants to chill on a beach.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
What the fuck was that? It wasn't awful, but, just, what? I'm a diehard Supernatural fan. I even have the tattoo for fucksake (slightly altered). But even I was like wtf? Oh god. How Supernatural has fallen. I like that they gave The Darkness more depth and made her more human toward the end and I didn't find it bad that her and God reconciled. But this fucking London men of letters lady. Wut? Oh dear. That did not feel like an epic Supernatural season finale. They should have ended with a shot of Lucifer in his old vessel looking up at the fixed sun with an devilish grin on his face like he's got some shit in store for next season.

And yeah Caliane, I agree that God did not feel at all how I imagined him these past 10 seasons. I just try to tell myself the Chuck persona has seeped into his psyche so that's not really him in a way. He should have been a being of absolute awe. Remember when Raphael came down and the entire eastern seaboard lost there electricity and he had lightning electricity for wings? Take that and multiply it by a thousand. That should have been God. But meh, whatever, it was still mostly entertaining. In my mind Supernatural was seasons 1-5 and the rest is basically fan fiction that's just for fun. That's how I continue to watch Supernatural as a diehard fan.
Really? i never imagined god to be anything silly like that - The absentee parent thing hit it right on the nose to me.

Hey im just the parent, at some point i have to stop interfering with my children

I have 0 issues with gods portrayal here except he was willing to die for his sister for some silly reason. The ending overall however was derp, some random MoL chapter shows up to apprehend Sam and Dean? and then the last scene i just silly, they could have picked the other part of that duo

Anyways overall im pleased with the season and how it wrapped up, curious where it goes from here.

Caliane

thats the point. he is human in this.

Death? not human. most of the gods, not human. Angels in earlier seasons, not human. Demons? same thing. Later seasons humanized both of those. A god that made the universe, other planets, etc.. infinitely large and old. acts like a 30yr old needing a pep talk from Dean.
It really undermines the gravitas, when all these cosmic entities are just regular people.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I wasn't necessarily put off by the Power of Love ending or by God's portrayl. I mean in all seriousness how does a show with the budget they have even attempt to do God justice on screen? Better to treat him like they did I guess.

The Men of Letters stuff was indeed stupid, particularly since if they really know all this shit they have to know how integral the Winchesters were to fixing all of it. I get the angle of how if they weren't around a lot of this shit wouldn't have even happened in the first place, but not all of it (I think?) is directly their fault. Or is it? Anyway, still dumb.

I knew what Amara was going to give Dean at the end, but I held out hope that it was going to end up different, and that what she was really going to give him was someone to love, someone to give him a life outside of hunting. Because if Dean gets out, Sam is probably far more likely to find a reason/person to convince him to get out too. He seems to mainly stick around because of Dean. And I *thought* that would be the Men of Letters chick for Dean. They could have had a couple of seasons of hunting together and grudgingly liking each other and shit until the CW got tired of backing trucks of money up to each of their homes. But no.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
just watched the finale.... It was 15 pounds of "meh" crammed into a 10 pound bag.

Homsar

Are they fine with just phoning shit in this much? I didnt start dealing with this show until season 4 and then watched the early seasons. Besides Chuck being god, everything this season has made everything worthless the last 10 years

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Umm.. wtf.

I am not happy if they killed off Castiel and Crowley permanently. Also I am sad at Rowena being killed off too.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Umm.. wtf.

I am not happy if they killed off Castiel and Crowley permanently. Also I am sad at Rowena being killed off too.

nothing is ever permanent in this show. Cass died several times already. I hope they bring back both though.