The Fast Food Thread

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
As I understand it, it's just a loose-meat ground beef burger with regular hamburger toppings and melted cheese.

I may have to try that now, LOL
Is it like in a pocket of bread? Like a burger empinada kind of thing?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Is it like in a pocket of bread? Like a burger empinada kind of thing?
Damnit. Now I **HAVE** to get one

There aren't many pictures because their main thing is the tacos, but there's one in this pic.

un0wa.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Damn those tacos look amazing. I'm getting Mexican for lunch today. That solves it right now!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Sorry i missed the pizza topic, but if you can get a mom n pop pizza over a franchise then please do so. at least here in the NJ/NYC area its some kind of sin to eat any big chain pizza when mom n pop is open. late at night drunk and the only thing open is dominoes is understandable though.
mom n pop pizza dough freshly made is leaps and bounds over that frozen corporate stuff being pushed on everyone.

• 3Solidarity

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Sorry i missed the pizza topic, but if you can get a mom n pop pizza over a franchise then please do so. at least here in the NJ/NYC area its some kind of sin to eat any big chain pizza when mom n pop is open. late at night drunk and the only thing open is dominoes is understandable though.
mom n pop pizza dough freshly made is leaps and bounds over that frozen corporate stuff being pushed on everyone.
yea, thats only a good rule in two states and maybe CT.

Dude, i remember in VA when Dominos came out w/ bklyn style in 2006... my Wakandan, i almost cried, of course it's not anywhere close, but jesus.

Unfortunately now a lot of stores have "brooklyn style" pizza to try to nab that marketshare, just shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
yea, thats only a good rule in two states and maybe CT.

Dude, i remember in VA when Dominos came out w/ bklyn style in 2006... my Wakandan, i almost cried, of course it's not anywhere close, but jesus.

Unfortunately now a lot of stores have "brooklyn style" pizza to try to nab that marketshare, just shit.
Mom and pops beats dominoes every state 100% of the time. Shits in the toilets of mom and pops places tastes better than cardboard and ketchup dominoes

• 3Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I may have made a mistake. The pain is real.

$27 of really greasy deep fried foods, when I just spent a year losing weight and eating (relatively) healthy.

Burrito w/Everything
Large 'Pocket Burger'
Onion Rings
Fried 'Shrooms
5 Deep Fried Meat & Cheese Tacos
A really gargantuan Dr Pepper

4nUHvw0 RS.jpg

First thing were the 'Shrooms. Just your regular, garden variety mushrooms. They weren't bad. Burnt my mouth, though. Everything was still pretty hot.

cE2xehq RS.jpg

Next I ate the onion rings. These were...weird. They were almost...burnt? They actually tasted good when they were still blazingly hot, but they cooled off really fast. Then I ended up wondering if these were old ones that were refried, if their oil had been super hot, or if they left them in too long.

avs0WJf RS.jpg

Next was the 'pocket burger'. Some of the pictures I took were super blurry. But the meat felt like it was ground super-fine. Much finer than your regular ground beef. The filling almost had a Taco-Bell consistency. I was worried that it would crumble and fall out of the bun, but you'd have to try it to really understand. There may have been cheese mixed into the meat but you couldn't see it, and it wasn't super cheesy tasting. The toppings seemed like mustard, and some sort of pickle relish.

The bun was really kind of soft. Reminded me of White Castle somewhat.

It honestly wasn't bad, and had some heft to it. After this and the two appetizers, I felt like I could have called it and left comfortably full.

Shitty, blurry pics INC. I didn't realize how bad they were until I got home.

yLOWLTp RS.jpg

zcbLIPw RS.jpg

The 'everything burrito'. Tasted kind of like a slightly better microwave burrito that was deep fried and then smothered. Lots of beans/onions/salsa. I thought there'd be some cheese on top but not sure I saw any.

gRJkGjJ RS.jpg

dqPmfxe RS.jpg

Next were the tacos. 5 Meat & Cheese. I initially thought about getting 10, but I thought better of it when I ordered. Which was a good call, because I still have a bit of a stomach ache.

fcgoDkn RS.jpg

t71tolS RS.jpg

Meat filling in taco shell, deep fried, lettuce/tomato/etc added, then powdered cheese on top.

The immense amount of grease started getting to me here.

Oddly enough, the powdered cheese didn't seem all that noticeable. Whenever I've had these at work (people collect cash and go pick it up to bring back) the powdered cheese really stood out. Maybe because I ate a lot of other stuff first?

S1QOKvO RS.jpg

• 7Like
  • 4Quality Calories
Reactions: 10 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
My order came out on two trays. This was the aftermath:

G7h38T9 RS.jpg

9NiI1D8 RS.jpg

And for Regime Regime , one of the only pieces of decoration in the entire place

00KbFoX RS.jpg

• 5Like
  • 5Quality Calories
Reactions: 9 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm reading about his food while taking a crap... And crapping more... Wow wowow wow

• 4Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The thing is "In a Tub" looks like pure cheap dogshit food, and you would be correct. Still there is something about it that makes it awesome to eat.

• 3Like

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users