The Fast Food Thread

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I'll miss the Shredded Chicken Burritos. I could get like 3 of them for less than 5 dollars and be full for half a day. The best part is they're going to crank down on their production line to make it more efficient then learn it wasn't the ingredients it was the employees and they'll just lose a bunch of costumers who lost their favorite items.

This is exactly what I think about these 'changes' are about. Their C-level probably decided a few years ago that the menu was too bloated and that they needed to cut down on costs which meant everything that wasn't made with beef and all cheese that wasn't their cheap ass nacho shit. They are probably justifying it by saying that it is tacos and burritos that got them big and that the other items are expensive and not as popular. What they are missing is that every single poster in this thread has a different favorite specialty item that they go for and then fill out the order with regular cheap items. When the specialty items are gone then we are all gone and they sell 0 cheap items. My visits have dropped 90% since there is no double decker taco. How many extra things are they selling me?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
In Chicago right now and was feeling a spicy chicken biscuit since I rarely get the opportunity for Chik Fil A. Of course it's fucking Sunday.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
So, the signature food of my hometown (Halifax) is what's called a Donair. It's a spin on the classic Gyro/Doner. Essentially it's a spiced meat (typically beef, sometimes lamb) served in a pita with onions, tomatoes, and some other options. The accompanying donair sauce is a really sweet sauce made from evaporated milk, sugar, vinegar, and garlic powder.

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

It became so popular here that they even make Donair Pizza

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

People often slather it in the donair sauce, or just dip their slices into it.

Donairs are the ultimate drunk food. It's greasy as fuck, and you will pay for it out of your ass the next day.

The reason I'm writing this though is that it has now evolved into something new... Something so fantastic that I can hardly believe it...

Donair poppers. Essentially chicken nuggets but with donair meat in place of the chicken... and holy fuck are they tasty. I just had some that I was dipping into Sweet Thai Chili dip. Unffff

20200906_135136.jpg

• 6Like
  • 3Quality Calories
Reactions: 8 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
People often slather it in the donair sauce, or just dip their slices into it.

Donairs are the ultimate drunk food. It's greasy as fuck, and you will pay for it out of your ass the next day.

The reason I'm writing this though is that it has now evolved into something new... Something so fantastic that I can hardly believe it...

Donair poppers. Essentially chicken nuggets but with donair meat in place of the chicken... and holy fuck are they tasty. I just had some that I was dipping into Sweet Thai Chili dip. Unffff

That shit looks amazing. Then again one of the things I miss the most from living in Germany was the Doner's - Again another type of fast food joint that should be all over America would make a fucking killing.

iu

iu

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
That shit looks amazing. Then again one of the things I miss the most from living in Germany was the Doner's - Again another type of fast food joint that should be all over America would make a fucking killing.

iu

iu
Plenty of gyro places like this in the Greater Boston area.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

iu

iu
aldi has a gyro kit thats pretty amazing
wp-1539197416465-e1539199414321-300x297.jpg

the tziki sauce and falafel nicely made, you can substitute a fresh pita if you want. (tho the froze one is pretty good too but a bit too, fillery)

• 1Like

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
For good or bad, I live pretty close to a heavily-populated Arabic area. Freshly baked Pita and gyros are abundant (as are a number of low-end fried chicken places). I love fresh lamb kabob and lamb gyros with hot sauce and tzatziki... Arab tzatziki is not quite up to speed with Greek tzatziki, but it is still good.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Just note that I've had Gyros and while they are the same concept: Donairs taste very different. Largely due to the different sauce, but the spices used for the meat is different as well. Imagine stripping out pretty much everything from a gyro, making it spicier, making it greasy as fuck, and then slathering it in a sauce that screams "this is going to make me fat". Or, imagine the donair being the masculine version of the feminine gyro.

Most Nova Scotians that travel for any period of time always talk about how it's impossible to find anything like them. Even other Canadian cities can't manage to make them right.

You can try out the sauce for yourself easily enough. It's really simple

Donair Sauce
(adapted from King of Donair, on `Pizza Corner')

• 2/3 cup canned evaporated milk
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup white vinegar
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder

Stir canned milk, sugar and garlic powder until sugar is dissolved. Add vinegar and continue mixing. The quicker you add the vinegar and the less you mix (I usually give the spoon 3 or 4 turns around the bowl), the thicker the sauce will be. Let sauce sit for at least one hour in refrigerator before using. Eventually (hours to days later), the sauce may start to separate. DO NOT STIR IT. Simply skim the thick sauce off the top. It tastes fine, despite the appearance that all the vinigar has seeped out of it.

You should be able to get thick sauce simply by following the instructions in the top recipe. I can get mine a bit thicker than yogurt. Occasionally, I blow it and stir too much and the sauce gets thin again. If your sauce is not thick enough (I like spoons to stand up in it) follow the recipe below. It is my new favorite.

Alternate SUPER-THICK Sauce Recipe (confirmed to be excellent. This is the one I use.)

• 2/3 cup canned sweetened condensed milk
  • 1/4 cup white vinegar
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder

(Or for a 14oz tin of sweetened condensed milk, add 1/2 cup vinegar, and 1 tsp garlic powder)

Also:

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not to derail but I've fallen in love with these like chapstick tubes you snort from the pharmacy. Take a decongestant pill but snort one for fairly fast relief and the pill to hopefully sustain.
Holy shit, I'm not the only one? I snort it on the daily, and keeps the nose in tip-top shape!!
20200906_121641.jpg

• 1Triggered

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In Chicago right now and was feeling a spicy chicken biscuit since I rarely get the opportunity for Chik Fil A. Of course it's fucking Sunday.
This place is supposed to be good

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Sacrilege for the thread, but I've been trying to lose a few lbs, just 5-10 adjusting back to a low effort job.

Not healthy but am enjoying some good tastes at the cost of volume. Tonight I was pretty happy with just that tonkatsu ramen with a few slices of thick cut bacon crumbled in it.

Getting refamiliarized with easy snack or meals that isn't sweet tasty garbage. My jam right now to hold me out to a real meal is $1 pack of flavored Tuna, usually Thai chili on a saline with a dribble of cholula is working pretty well at buying me a couple hours before I'm hungry again.

I wish meat was cheaper because I don't get how bitches can eat a banana for lunch and be good til dinner.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>

View attachment 299877

Let me ask the important question here...how many of these have you...or could you...McCheese in one sitting?

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Let me ask the important question here...how many of these have you...or could you...McCheese in one sitting?
In a sitting, probably 12. But the odds would be high that I'd finish them and immediately get up to make more. It's the type of food that would unlikely last a day in my house.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Sacrilege for the thread, but I've been trying to lose a few lbs, just 5-10 adjusting back to a low effort job.

Not healthy but am enjoying some good tastes at the cost of volume. Tonight I was pretty happy with just that tonkatsu ramen with a few slices of thick cut bacon crumbled in it.

Getting refamiliarized with easy snack or meals that isn't sweet tasty garbage. My jam right now to hold me out to a real meal is $1 pack of flavored Tuna, usually Thai chili on a saline with a dribble of cholula is working pretty well at buying me a couple hours before I'm hungry again.

I wish meat was cheaper because I don't get how bitches can eat a banana for lunch and be good til dinner.
Probably already know, but buying meat at Costco is usually the go-to
Can also try intermittent fasting. I had some results with that

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
1599646216245.jpeg

Chick-fil-A is 1 block from my house so I decided to get Chick-fil-A breakfast again.

what Is Everyone’s breakfast today?

• 1Quality Calories
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users