The Fast Food Thread

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Went to Arby's, They have a spot on Reuben sandwich with Light and Dark marbled rye. Got a French Dip sub too as I hadnt had one in years, forgot how legit that thing is. Not a fan of their fries, just something about them I dont dig on.
Not a fan of their fries, is that regular or curly?? Just deciding if you need a block or not. It's okay if you were stupid enough to order regular fries.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Sevens

Log Wizard
Not a fan of their fries, is that regular or curly?? Just deciding if you need a block or not. It's okay if you were stupid enough to order regular fries.
No, they were curly
I did have an extra tub of Chic Fil A fry sauce so that made them better

• 2WTF
  • 1Supertaster
Reactions: 2 users

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There was a short discussion on it before. I used to love them as well, but both the local stores have sucked for a long time, long enough i don't think it's an individual fry cook ruining them.

May be subject to regionality and supply. Back in my younger years when i worked at a good times for a year. Their onion rings changed 3 times, each distinct in style and flavor. The menu etc never changed to reflect anything being different.

So i think Sysco here just has shit fries compared to East/ west

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
May be subject to regionality and supply. Back in my younger years when i worked at a good times for a year. Their onion rings changed 3 times, each distinct in style and flavor. The menu etc never changed to reflect anything being different.

Maybe it’s a regional thing. Kinda like Pizza Hut is the asscrack of pizza chains where I live, KFC is only good outside of the US, or Wendy’s is shit everywhere. Arbys curly fries are god tier fries where I live, then I mix horsey sauce and Arbys sauce to dip them in. So fucking good. What part of the US could fuck that up.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Had a spicy chicken deluxe from Chik Fil A with a lemonade while they showered me with my pleasures and raced us through with the speed of a well oiled Nascar pit crew.

While the other fast food joints can't find enough staff to stay open, Chik Fil A is overloaded with young smiling white girls they had like 37 people outside with iPad slamming out orders. Other places are stupid for not coping this model of business.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
Had a spicy chicken deluxe from Chik Fil A with a lemonade while they showered me with my pleasures and raced us through with the speed of a well oiled Nascar pit crew.

While the other fast food joints can't find enough staff to stay open, Chik Fil A is overloaded with young smiling white girls they had like 37 people outside with iPad slamming out orders. Other places are stupid for not coping this model of business.
LOL. All the young folks at CFA have religious parents. The young folks at the other stores have one parent, and that parent spends their life passed out on the sofa. McDonalds and the rest couldn't replicate CFA if they wanted to, because sane parents wouldn't let their kids work there.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I come here to spread heresy. I've been back from the dollar tree.

A couple items that I think are worthy b of praise in these greasy halls.

First is they have these kinda empanada things, spicy jamaican beef, mild, and a chicken. The wrapper is slightly aluminum foil like and while not crispy, they don't get mushy in the microwave. Taste is amazing. Not shredded beef or anything, basically sloppy joe kinda. For a buck better than most fast food choices I can think of.

Shocker #2. Egg rolls. Pretty chunky but mostly veg. Well fried skin, and the big suprise to me was they actually have an included sweet n sour sauce packet inside. So far I've had lobster and shrimp. Taste was there though not really any recognizable chunks. I think only negative applies to all frozen egg rolls. Need to bake or fry as its a soggy microwave mess and remains nuclear worse than a pizza popper.

• 1Supertaster

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
LOL. All the young folks at CFA have religious parents. The young folks at the other stores have one parent, and that parent spends their life passed out on the sofa. McDonalds and the rest couldn't replicate CFA if they wanted to, because sane parents wouldn't let their kids work there.
i think it really depends on the hood
my local mcdees (literally 4mins away) is staffed by all white kids, i assume from the neighborhood.40nuggs and fresh fries came in under 1min.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

in and out is just as well oiled, and they're fighting vax and mask bullshit in california

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Italian chicken was great back in the day, but the burgers were good back then. I’m skeptical of anything currently from BK
Well, doesn't matter anymore, as I ran an errand yesterday that I didn't really have to in order to go to the "good" BK on my way back. Not only did I get stuck in road construction traffic that made me miss making it to the errand before they closed, but then when I ordered my 2 for $6 Italians, they informed me that they were already discontinued. Now I was stuck, starving, in the fucking BK line with nowhere to go. I ordered a Bacon King, and it fucking sucked. The bacon was complete and utter shit, and the patty was probably one from hours earlier.

There's a reason I never, ever go to BK unless they have the Italian back. I should have just waited in the line to drive through and went anywhere else.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Food is getting expensive but went to Five Guys yesterday anyways and goddamn are they satisfying in a way no other fast food joint is. I splurged and went turbo fatty and got 2 bacon cheeseburgers and a large fry. I forgot the large fry meant a 17 lb bag of fries filled to the fucking brim. $25 for 2 burgers and fries, inflation is a hell of a drug.

five-guys-burger-fries-drink-flickr.jpg

zFzED2JRD-pZkDYZrPjJNIgSE7adzPeuvwUtleUTK8A.jpg

• 6Quality Calories
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
Goodest ole days, $1 JBC's

3x JBC, Biggie Fry, Frosty chocolate, cause there wasn't a vanilla, all for $5 n some change. My fav FNM meal at the card store.

Also listed on the flyer, the rare Wendys SuperBar. Tacos, burritos, and other random shit you will never see at Wendys again. Got to do this a bunch of times after little league games, as the closest league was town over, and they had the SuperBar.

1639540270540.png

• 2Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Every respectable home improvement store in Texas has a mexican manning a hot dog cart outside. I always like to support the little guy, and eat there every time I'm doing a project. The cup is the elotes. Corn mixed with mayo and cheese. Good shit.

wooop.jpg

• 4Quality Calories
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Washing it down with a bag of these. Like the flavor, but a bit softer than I expected. Gonna save half to throw in the freezer and see if that makes them way better.

screen-shot-2019-05-06-at-2-23-14-pm-1557167019.png

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God