The Fast Food Thread

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I read some data about subway a while back. Their biggest market demographic segment are Mexicans/Latinos. I forget by how much. They alone support nasty Subway.

Thundercloud Subs, Jersey Mikes, Jimmy John's are the only sandwich places I go these days. Thundercloud subs is the best.

There are Subways all over the fucking place in Canada as well, so that can't be the prime reason.

I think people just really bought into the bullshit about them being healthy.

yeahthatisneathuh

Trakanon Raider
Subway flatbread teriyaki chicken is frickin delicious I don't care what you say. Load that down with green peppers and onions.

Jimmy Johns is garbage white-bread and mayonnaise food for garbage people. I have never once thought "this was worth the 8 dollars for a fucking sandwich" nor have I ever had an order be made correctly.

yeahthatisneathuh

Trakanon Raider
Yeah well when you're paying $3.60 a p'zone and your pizza hut does a good job I don't know what you want.

You're tagged as the "my wife is just learning to do housework and cook" guy EDIT: I don't mean that in a harsh way you seem to have a good thing going and I'm rooting for you.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Subway bread has no flavor and the texture and consistency of a sponge. That being said it's everywhere so I've eaten it a bunch. It's legitimately my last choice for a sandwhich. Thankfully lots of choices in Orlando but I've lived in some small towns in the past that only had a Subway and McDonald's.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah well when you're paying $3.60 a p'zone and your pizza hut does a good job I don't know what you want.

You're tagged as the "my wife is just learning to do housework and cook" guy EDIT: I don't mean that in a harsh way you seem to have a good thing going and I'm rooting for you.
Yikes I'm kidding. The only pizza hut I have to go by is this one. Completely run down. Always running out of dough or cheese.

There isn't even anyone there in this pic LMAO

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
And they have locations fucking everywhere. Only Starbucks seems to have more locations. Who are these schmucks going to all these Subways?
it's not, who is going to subway.

it's that subway is like the cheapest name recognized francise, like 15k vs 50k for mcdees and startup is 1/10 that of a mcdees, thats why every subway you go into, you just see fucking indians. They come here, buy a franchise and just get to work, only they suck at making sandwiches, which is why subway has sucked for 20years.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Sonic's new Brunch Burger is pretty solid. I don't really eat there now that the chicago dog was removed but might have to start going back. Which Wich is my new favorite sub shop. Tons of options.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
There are Subways all over the fucking place in Canada as well, so that can't be the prime reason.

I think people just really bought into the bullshit about them being healthy.
shit my town in Michigan has a population of just 3,100 and we have TWO Subways

my town is the county seat, if that gives you an idea of the population of the rest of the cities in the county -- and there's 7 Subways total in the county.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I go to Cheba Hut for a quality sandwich but I think it's a west coast thing.

• 1Solidarity

Ghidorah

Trakanon Raider
I love subway but I'm pure white trailer trash, I get the cold cut combo (whoever decided to start calling it the cold cut trio was a faggot) with just lettuce and tomato.

Went to Jimmy John's once, did not like it.

• 1Garbage

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Subway is one of the best fast food places, if not the best, to get low calorie, filling meals that are also pretty nutritious. You can get a footlong sub with meat and as many veggies as you want for around 600 calories. Compare that to a typical fast food hamburger that tends to be way smaller and less filling for nearly as many calories. Add on the fries and you'll likely be pushing 1000 calories for a meal that is considerably less filling and less overall nutritious due to the abundance of Subway veggies.

I love Firehouse, but I don't go there if I'm looking for a filling, low calorie meal.

Subway is also pretty cheap compared to other fast food places, which all seem to be creeping up in price.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
You can get a footlong sub with meat and as many veggies as you want for around 600 calories.

Someone drank the subway Koolaid. No matter what you get you're starting off with 400-500 calories of bread in a footlong. The vast majority of their sandwiches are in the 700's+ BEFORE condiments and anything else shitty added on.

A cold cut combo, no condiments, with provolone and all the veggies you could want is 760 calories. If you choose the basic bread, if you get fancy bread most of them are another 100 calories. If you do condiments, thats anywhere from 100-200 extra calories. And that's a barebones cold sandwich, if you get anything fancy your breaking 1,000 calories without even trying.

SUBWAY IS NOT INHERENTLY HEALTHIER.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I got all excited when Subway came out with the "Big Hot Pastrami" sandwich because I missed living near Togo's. It was so disappointingly horrible that I didn't eat at Subway again for like 3 years. Now I've gone back because I like the "Pizza Sub" (not available in all areas but it's just a spicy italian with some sauce from the meatballs added and heated up). I eat like 5 of those a year.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
It isn't that I wouldn't ever eat a Subway sandwich if it were given to me for free or something, but if I'm buying it, I'd rather go to one of the 4 or 5 Togo's around me instead. Sure it costs more, but it is worth it to me. And if Togo's suddenly closed down, there are still plenty of other places I'd pick over Subway.

Jimmy Johns would still come before Subway, but I do not see the attraction, at all. They are basically on par with the cleanest and nicest Subway, and that's about it. The only plus (?) is that their one cheese choice is provolone instead of "different colored American cheese" which is what you get when you ask for something different at Subway. Yet it costs more than Subway. No clue why everyone likes this place, unless they just have no other options but Subway.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Subway is one of the best fast food places, if not the best, to get low calorie, filling meals that are also pretty nutritious. You can get a footlong sub with meat and as many veggies as you want for around 600 calories. Compare that to a typical fast food hamburger that tends to be way smaller and less filling for nearly as many calories. Add on the fries and you'll likely be pushing 1000 calories for a meal that is considerably less filling and less overall nutritious due to the abundance of Subway veggies.

I love Firehouse, but I don't go there if I'm looking for a filling, low calorie meal.

Subway is also pretty cheap compared to other fast food places, which all seem to be creeping up in price.

what?
a footlong cold cut is pushing 1000
82412b7ecff58bf06e760573540036af.png

you are like almost off by double

• 1Quality Calories

yeahthatisneathuh

Trakanon Raider
Sonic's new Brunch Burger is pretty solid. I don't really eat there now that the chicago dog was removed but might have to start going back. Which Wich is my new favorite sub shop. Tons of options.

The Carl's Jr. Breakfast Burger shits all over it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users