The Fast Food Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Impossible burger is good for what it is, had one during some work testing, but it's not worth its price tag unless you want a burger but can't eat meat due to medical reasons.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So for the privilege of more money you too can have a plant burger while your pals eat a real burger and save a few bucks? Oh and it’s less healthy to boot, this processed garbage is winning all sorts of points. I can see why so many of you want to try it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist

Arby's really doesn't skimp on the meat. Now I feel gross.

• 5Quality Calories
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>

this got crazy hits and of course it got locked, i saw a mention of this cuz it was about last nights UFC

TLDR: fat boy gets invited to UFC party sees a 6ft sub and instead of watching the fights, is looking at the sub ALL NIGHT... until finally eats 4ft

"Someone you ASSUME is fat"

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I stopped at a local burger joint tonight on the way home. Everyone always raves about it.

I got the "Home Run" combo, which is a 4-patty cheeseburger, fries and a drink. With tax...it was $17 and change. Paying up front when placing your order...I didn't know if this was going to be worth it or not.

Some of my pictures were blurry AF, so I tossed some out.

HxQYOBJ.png

Even with 4 patties...it didn't seem like it was a monstrously huge burger. But the fries...there weren't very many of them to begin with. And the fires weren't all that crispy either. I don't know if they soaked up grease from the burger, or if they came out of the fryer that way. They weren't exactly soggy, but they were pliable enough that they were a PITA to eat. Too small to eat one at a time, and when grabbing a handful, it was just awkward trying to dip a clump of them into ketchup. I ended up wishing I had a fork.

ntFTDd3.png

The burger was good, I just felt it was too small for a burger having 4 patties, and too expensive for as few fries and how small the burger was. Otherwise tasted good. A little better than 5 Guys I guess? But 5 Guys kills them on fries, hands down.

The toppings were good. Tasted fresh. Burger patties seemed like the 'smashed' style, so kind of thin with crispy edges, but not dry. Good amount of cheese, and well melted.

I didn't try either the Sriracha Ketchup or Sriracha Mayo that was on the table. But took a pic for Lanx Lanx because us white people love putting Sriracha on everything, LOL

EyzW9Xh.png

• 4Like
  • 1Supertaster
Reactions: 4 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
$17 for that basket does seem like you got bent over and rammed like a whore.

That’s worse than 5 guy prices and at least then you get some bacon and a retard level of fries as you said.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
That guy is a cheap asshole. That's one of the worst combinations.
Both that guy and that restaurant are assholes.

I laughed when he said it was expensive at around 20 dollars per meal.

• 4Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Both that guy and that restaurant are assholes.

I laughed when he said it was expensive at around 20 dollars per meal.
that really sounds like a troll, he went out of his way to spell noki phonetically

also, what kind of bitch doesn't get dessert?

and manager gave up way too easy and comp'd a meal, no manager is that much of a pussy when dealing with a fatty that finished his plate and refused to pay.

• 1Worf
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I'm intrigued by the impossible burger. My brother had it and said it was very good and close to a real burger in texture and taste. I've seen it a few restaurants and it's always pricier than a real burger. Pass.
I want to give it a shot as well. Starting to become much more widely available than even a year ago.

I am encouraged to take customers out to meals on the corporate dime every day so I am in the enviable position of getting to try this stuff because most things on a restaurant menu seem boring. That being said, I tried the impossible burger at Hop Doddy's burger chain which is a step above 5 Guys and touts their beer selections as a 'feature'. I thought it was great as a substitute for beef or turkey if you like texture of meat but do not like the richness. I was super skeptical going in but if they keep up the research they are going to nail it in a few years. I still prefer regular burgers but I like that they are not blowing smoke up people's asses by claiming it is close to real thing and then just getting some shitty Morningstar-esque patty on your burger.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Not only is that dude a cheap asshole, but you're an asshole if you eat the meal then refuse to pay.

He could've easily received his food and complained and not paid, but he ate it. Just like lardass in the other AITA post.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Yeah I feel like the fat asshole restaurant story is fake, I mean I believe there are shitbags who would do that kind of shit but it seems to trollish. Also what kind of dipshit is going to claim a $20 entree is expensive. That’s Olive Garden level which is like a quarter step up from eating out of a dumpster.

• 2Worf
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users