The Fast Food Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I used to like Mountain Dew as a kid but absolutely hate it as an adult. Normal Mountain Dew, Code Red, Voltage, Throwback all suck massive donkey cock, the exception being Baja Blast which is nectar of the gods.

iu

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
It's weird-- sodas have changed so much in my lifetime. I used to love coca-cola. Then came the diet soda thing and sodas tasted like a chemistry experiment. Around the same time came New COke and then all sodas were either sweetened with high-fructose corn syrup (an absolute causative agent of "the beetus") and then most, if not all sodas, tasted too sweet. But not a good kind of sweet. Addictive, yeah, but good? I don't think so. I remember how amazing I used to think Dr. Pepper was; spicy and sort of with a raisin/prune sort of taste. Now, sadly, the only soda I truly like is Mexican Coca-Cola in the glass bottles. It tastes like I remember Coca-Cola tasting... Not overly sweet, but mildly peppery and complex.

I think I would throw-up if I tried to swig a can or bottle of Mountain Dew-- it is soooo sweet it's almost nauseating. Does Seltzer count as soda? I guess so-- I like that and mineral water!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
It's weird-- sodas have changed so much in my lifetime. I used to love coca-cola. Then came the diet soda thing and sodas tasted like a chemistry experiment. Around the same time came New COke and then all sodas were either sweetened with high-fructose corn syrup (an absolute causative agent of "the beetus") and then most, if not all sodas, tasted too sweet. But not a good kind of sweet. Addictive, yeah, but good? I don't think so. I remember how amazing I used to think Dr. Pepper was; spicy and sort of with a raisin/prune sort of taste. Now, sadly, the only soda I truly like is Mexican Coca-Cola in the glass bottles. It tastes like I remember Coca-Cola tasting... Not overly sweet, but mildly peppery and complex.

I think I would throw-up if I tried to swig a can or bottle of Mountain Dew-- it is soooo sweet it's almost nauseating. Does Seltzer count as soda? I guess so-- I like that and mineral water!

I am right there with you on Soda being to sweet on many occasions. Part of that is the transition in our tastebuds as we grow older, children can handle sweets with no issue but some of that is just how our bodies change.

With that being said I am still of the opinion that a company that produced a Semi-Sweet soda.. not diet bullshit but maybe a 1/2 or 1/3rd sugar soda would do amazing.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I haven't had even a coke in at least a year. I make the exception of this whenever I travel outside of the USA. Its available everywhere and coca cola without HFC just tastes so much... I want to use the word cleaner as I have no other way to describe the flavor in comparison?

joz123

Potato del Grande
Only Mountain Dew I can drink is Code Red. I've tried the Baja Blast multiple times and it tastes terrible to me.

• 1Solidarity

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Mountain Dew is kind of gross. I'm not the biggest soda fan, but I'll get a Dr Pepper with an In-N-Out burger.
I like 7-Up at In-N-Out since I never see it anywhere else.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I think Sprite killed 7-Up. My Mom never allowed us to drink soda growing up but she always had a 12-pack of 7-Up on hand in case anyone had an upset stomach because she thought it helped with that. It was the only upside to being sick.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I was never allowed to drink soda growing up either. I didn't understand it as a kid but I'm thankful for it now. Never had a sweet tooth, think soda is disgusting, and never have to worry about diabetes.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
We don't let my kids drink it either. It helps that we don't drink it ourselves.

I know when they start going over people's houses, like friends, that all of that will be out of our control. I wonder if a sugar tax would help curb that shit. I got addicted young, and I think my parents just didn't know how bad it was or didn't care. Either way whatever.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Same with our kids... my son pretty much hates anything sweet except for vanilla ice cream. We don't keep any pop or juice in the house. Pop is a treat for my daughter, we'll let her have a sprite or something when we go to a restaurant.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
We let our kids have it, but we control it pretty strictly. "Strictly" in this case meaning probably 3 times a week or so they get some kind of sugary drink. But I include juice, chocolate milk, soda, etc all under that umbrella.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
ITT:Soda is so bad....one sec

“yes I’ll take 4 baconators and a large frosty...”

• 3Worf
  • 2Quality Calories
  • 2Like
Reactions: 7 users

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
I work for a company that supports a chocolate company, Theo Chocolate.

Goddamn I love that shit. Helps that they give me freebies every time I work on their shit.

• 1Like

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
7-Up... OMG, I had forgotten about that one. Much better than Sprite, IMHO and memory, but not as sweet. But then again, along came high fructose corn syrup...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users