The Fast Food Thread

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Sweet sassy molassy, these are good! At first you think, there's no spice in these! But then it sort of builds, and by the time you finish the bag, you've got a good little burn that lasts for a bit. Very tasty also. Nothing will ever be as good as the long discontinued O'Grady's au graten cheese chips of the 80s and 90s, but these are pretty pretty good.

4838a98c8ab013926d7781c8b7cf97b2_large[1].png

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 3 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Sweet sassy molassy, these are good! At first you think, there's no spice in these! But then it sort of builds, and by the time you finish the bag, you've got a good little burn that lasts for a bit. Very tasty also. Nothing will ever be as good as the long discontinued O'Grady's au graten cheese chips of the 80s and 90s, but these are pretty pretty good.

View attachment 367688
How are they with French Onion dip? Do they drown out the flavor/spice too much? I think I might try getting fat this weekend..

• 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
How are they with French Onion dip? Do they drown out the flavor/spice too much? I think I might try getting fat this weekend..
A) I ate the whole bag in one sitting. Nothing left to experiment with currently.
B) I am a filthy supertaster and don't like French Onion.

That being said, as I mentioned, at first you'll eat several and feel like you got cheated out of the spicy part. But after a minute you'll realize it is there, it just has to build. The cheddar/jack flavor is decently strong, but not overpowering, so it is possible you'll mostly taste the French Onion until the spice starts to kick in. It is nowhere near "hot" but you'll feel it well enough.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
A) I ate the whole bag in one sitting. Nothing left to experiment with currently.
B) I am a filthy supertaster and don't like French Onion.

That being said, as I mentioned, at first you'll eat several and feel like you got cheated out of the spicy part. But after a minute you'll realize it is there, it just has to build. The cheddar/jack flavor is decently strong, but not overpowering, so it is possible you'll mostly taste the French Onion until the spice starts to kick in. It is nowhere near "hot" but you'll feel it well enough.
I fucking love french onion dip, especially with Ruffles, but not if it drowns out the spice. I guess I'll have to experiment this weekend.

Ugh, going into like a 1500 calorie deficit this week so I can crush a bag of spicy ruffles and french onion dip sounds torturous now, but will hopefully have a rock hard weekend payoff.

• 1Weird Boner
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Best thing about those chips is the major crunch factor. They really are super crunchy, which I love. I can't stand paper thin chips that melt in your mouth. These are the kinds of chips that will annoy people around you.

• 1Solidarity

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I went to the County Fair today. It has been years since I have been so I felt a bit festive.

I got Fresh Squeezed Lemonade, a Smoked Turkey leg, and a Funnel Cake.

1629257418062.jpeg

1629257553803.jpeg

• 4Quality Calories
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Goddamn I love me some funnel cake. Didn’t get to make it to the fair this year since it was a crowded clusterfuck. Well more than usual anyway.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Just chiming in to say Taco Bell still sucks fat donkey cock and are overpriced to shit. Plus they have a veggie menu which is even gayer, if you are gonna eat fast foot and vegetarian then I know for a fact I hate you.

Taco-Bell-Makes-Ordering-Vegetarian-A-Breeze-With-New-%E2%80%98Veggie-Mode%E2%80%99-b-678x381.jpg

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 4 users

rad

Lord of Guk
I went to the County Fair today. It has been years since I have been so I felt a bit festive.

I got Fresh Squeezed Lemonade, a Smoked Turkey leg, and a Funnel Cake.

View attachment 367770
View attachment 367772

Been a little obsessed with making lemonade lately, our tree is producing like mad. This fantastic recipe is easy, you'll never make it any other way.

Peel four medium to large lemons, place peels into a bowl with roughly a cup of sugar, allow to sit at room temp for 6-12 hours, usually stir once midway. You'll know its ready when it becomes a paste like consistency. Bring 8 cups of water to a boil, remove from burner and steep sugar mixture (including peels) for 10 or so minutes. Remove peels and let cool. Juice the previously used lemons and add to mixture once cooled. Refrigerate and enjoy!

• 2Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Been a little obsessed with making lemonade lately, our tree is producing like mad. This fantastic recipe is easy, you'll never make it any other way.

Peel four medium to large lemons, place peels into a bowl with roughly a cup of sugar, allow to sit at room temp for 6-12 hours, usually stir once midway. You'll know its ready when it becomes a paste like consistency. Bring 8 cups of water to a boil, remove from burner and steep sugar mixture (including peels) for 10 or so minutes. Remove peels and let cool. Juice the previously used lemons and add to mixture once cooled. Refrigerate and enjoy!

Speaking of Lemonade, Publix has a new Pineapple Lemonade which was pretty fucking solid, would totally recommend for anyone to try. If you are fortunate enough to have the best grocery chain in the United States near you.

sub-buzz-14506-1505237073-4.jpg

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>

That's at least a minute of work. If you don't got time for things like that, Milo's lemonade is pretty legit. Better than chik-fil-a even, imo.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Sometimes you need McDonald’s fries, Popeyes spicy chicken Sandwich and mash potatoes.

1629306618124.jpeg

• 2Quality Calories
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Maximis Velocity

Professional Lurker
<Silver Donator>
Speaking of Lemonade, Publix has a new Pineapple Lemonade which was pretty fucking solid, would totally recommend for anyone to try. If you are fortunate enough to have the best grocery chain in the United States near you.

you spelled HEB wrong...

• 1Truth!

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

wait is publix really that good?

i've already been spoiled by reintroduction to city life, kroger is 4mins away from me and publix is 6mins away, as a publix noob is there really a reason to go?

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
wait is publix really that good?

i've already been spoiled by reintroduction to city life, kroger is 4mins away from me and publix is 6mins away, as a publix noob is there really a reason to go?

Honestly I would say yes, I have lived in quite a few areas in the U.S. over the years and Publix is by far my favorite grocer. Kroger is fine, yuppie Whole Foods can be nice in rich neighborhoods but Publix is all around solid everywhere.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Honestly I would say yes, I have lived in quite a few areas in the U.S. over the years and Publix is by far my favorite grocer. Kroger is fine, yuppie Whole Foods can be nice in rich neighborhoods but Publix is all around solid everywhere.
yea i goto my wholefoods weekly and nothing there interests me even tho i could save being a prime member w/ prime card. (i go b/c i return amazon shit there) i'll check it out when i need to make a visit to home depot, it's in the same complex, fucking living in a city is amazing again.