Wasteland 3

Reht

Molten Core Raider
It’s also on the Xbox game pass for PC. Can sign up for $1 for the first month...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Is there a way to scan for loot? I could have sworn there was an ability to do that in WL2.

nm I see it's automatic with high perception.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not sure what you mean. Holding down left shift (or one of the triggers on gamepad) highlights everything you can interact with. Actual "scanning" is done just by getting into proximity of a diggable spot or whatever, and is based on the character's Perception.

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Finally got out to the world map. Damn best world map mechanics ever.

Also the vehicle is the first time since Fallout Tactics (that I know of) where you can drive a vehicle around in a tactical RPG and fight with it. Although in Tactics you could stay in the APC and point rifles out the windows.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I got a creepy doll that added CON to the whole party, and now every time I zone they all lose that extra amount of hps per my description of the bug above. On top of that, somehow the cyborg chicken I was herding back to base just poofed somewhere and I didn't realize it for several saves so I had to reload a ways back, and then I got sort of bummed that I had spent so many points on one of my main characters for Toaster Repair when I can just make a Toaster Mule...long story short, I realized I have all of X-Com 2 (DLC etc.), loved the first game, and have never touched 2, so why am I not just playing that for now, and then coming back to WL3 when they patch it some and maybe come out with a Director's Cut or GotY edition?

I really like this game, and I'm sure putting it down will cause me to possibly never pick it back up again, but unless someone tells me that X-Com 2 is terrible, I think that's a good trade.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I got a creepy doll that added CON to the whole party, and now every time I zone they all lose that extra amount of hps per my description of the bug above. On top of that, somehow the cyborg chicken I was herding back to base just poofed somewhere and I didn't realize it for several saves so I had to reload a ways back, and then I got sort of bummed that I had spent so many points on one of my main characters for Toaster Repair when I can just make a Toaster Mule...long story short, I realized I have all of X-Com 2 (DLC etc.), loved the first game, and have never touched 2, so why am I not just playing that for now, and then coming back to WL3 when they patch it some and maybe come out with a Director's Cut or GotY edition?

I really like this game, and I'm sure putting it down will cause me to possibly never pick it back up again, but unless someone tells me that X-Com 2 is terrible, I think that's a good trade.

X-Com 2 is terrible.

• 1Like

Jozu

X com 2 is one of the worse games I ever played on PC. I only lasted 20 minutes and deleted but I got enough from watching videos etc to understand its trash tier.

• 1Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

xcom2played.png

• 1Worf

Jozu

I liked xcom 1.

I just couldn't get into 2.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
You can really abuse the ranger recruit system if you want. There's no reason to have any skills that only get used at the base (weapon/armor modding, toaster repair, etc.) on a active member when you can just make a 10 int + Poindexter mule any time you want.

I agree with the armor/weapon modding stuff, but not having toaster repair in the field kind of blows. It's a PITA to go all the way back to HQ, load up your toaster repair, and then trek back out.

Vorph

I agree with the armor/weapon modding stuff, but not having toaster repair in the field kind of blows. It's a PITA to go all the way back to HQ, load up your toaster repair, and then trek back out.
Yeah, I changed my mind about Toaster Repair. Not just because of the annoyance of having to drag a mule into the field, but also it gives +25% fire dmg to my Big Guns guy. That said, I'm not going past 6 (+1 skill book so I can get the Heating Element perk, +1 from the trinket) so unless there's a piece of armor with Toaster Repair on it, I'll use a mule for skill 9-10 toasters.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Is there any story content to the premade characters in this? Cause they all suck, but I don't wanna miss out on side storylines etc like Divinity 2 if you don't take a premade.

• 1Like

Vorph

No. It's still a good idea to start with one of the premades though, especially Punk Lovers. Run them through the tutorial, steal their trinkets (one is +10% crit chance, other is +4% strike rate), then banish them into the frozen wastes and make your custom party of four.

Young Rangers aren't bad either, +10% ranged damage and +5% hit chance trinkets from them. The other three pairs' trinkets aren't nearly as good.

Another bit of advice for people just starting, or who haven't used skill books yet and can still recycle their rangers: charisma is pretty much the best stat for characters that use small guns, big guns, and automatic weapons. I noticed it after I switched my Leadership character over to shotgun instead of pistol, and also saw some people talking about it on reddit re: LMGs and SMGs (was also pretty surprised to see that SMGs way outclass ARs this time around). With 10 CHA you can fill your strike meter in 4 shots, and getting to use a strike that often is insanely good.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I finished the game (says around 70% of achievements), but gods damn was it trying my patience and I love the series. The endless enemy in combat bug (something to do with ambushing it seems like?), random freezes and flat desktop crash happened way too much coupled with longish load times. Reminded me of the Pathfinder Kingmaker shit show on launch but at least this is beatable.

Otherwise the game play itself was well done, voice acting etc all superb and the higher difficulty seems to be less cheese needed compared to other games in the same genre.

Ran 2 sniper, 1 automatic, 1 small arms and then 2 flex from whatever story recruits I felt like messing with. Always had max lockpick/mech/nerd stuff since I hate backtracking and know how powerful they are. Kept a banked 10 weapon/armor modder custom nerd to tinker with gear but good mods seem rare/pointless outside of adding some fat choke to shotguns.

Don't see myself replaying it though unless they fix coop and the bugs.

• 1Solidarity

Jozu

This game is incredible. Finally an RPG game with a good itemization system. Armor progression and variety is lacking, but other than that the weapon progression and customization is top notch. The character progression also feels meaningful. Enjoying this quite a bit. Def WAY better than Xcom 2 IMO>

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Is there a mod for respeccing yet? I was an idiot and fed skill books to a guy who has armor/weapon mod, before I realized you can create endless mules.

Speaking of, why isn't there any option to do this naturally? Especially when you can create endless characters.

• 2Solidarity

Jozu

it kind of gimps you from maximizing character potential earlier on, but overall I feel the game is more enjoyable when you just utilize modding/speech skills along with your main characters used for combat.

Having 14 mules each with its own purpose seems like it ruins some of the game mechanics when it comes down to balance. Im in a sweet spot right now difficulty wise, so I havent wanted to start over.

A respec mod would def be the shit right now.

• 1Like

Vorph

Is there a mod for respeccing yet? I was an idiot and fed skill books to a guy who has armor/weapon mod, before I realized you can create endless mules.

Speaking of, why isn't there any option to do this naturally? Especially when you can create endless characters.
You should never use a skill book until it will let you hit rank 10 anyway.