Winter 2021 Anime Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
my wife is raving about juju kaisen and world trigger, especially now when the season is about to end and we'll have tons of anime to watch (we do the netflix and chill way)

right now she is slogging through boruto

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Slime, Jujustu Kaisen, and Tensei are all solid I sit down watch and episode and they are over before I know it and I am left wanting more.. on the other hand.

Re:Zero as much as I try I fucking hate Subaru he is such a dogshit fucking character. He ruins the whole fucking show.
Subaru is probably one of the worst characters in any anime I’ve ever watched. When you have a char that horribly annoying in anime for short times they usually turn a corner and become awesome. Such a waste, cause that anime does some things really right.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Season 2 episode 4 of Re;Zero kind of helps explain why Subaru is the way he is. He can still be annoying, but he grew on me a bit after that.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Season 2 episode 4 of Re;Zero kind of helps explain why Subaru is the way he is. He can still be annoying, but he grew on me a bit after that.
52r1yg.jpg

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 5 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Slime, Jujustu Kaisen, and Tensei are all solid I sit down watch and episode and they are over before I know it and I am left wanting more.. on the other hand.

Re:Zero as much as I try I fucking hate Subaru he is such a dogshit fucking character. He ruins the whole fucking show.

I think what makes Re:Zero so damn good is I enjoy it in spite of Subaru. I’ve rewatched the last 5-6 episodes of Season 1 multiple times. Season 2’s not quite as epic so far but it looks like the final episode will be amazing. Still a top 5 show every season it’s on just off the endings. Almost every anime has a central character that’s annoying as fuck.Subaru is just one of the worst.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Holy fuck. Slime was awesome! I love that they added Sebastian from Black Butler! (I kid). He just fuckin murdered....everyone. "Spare me! No." Dead.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yea the last 2 episodes of Slime were Overlord-esque

• 1Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I don't know if I like the new changes as much as I enjoyed the earlier stuff.
The story does some pretty hard tone shifts even afterwards. People have gone total WTF with LN 7 and dropped the novel right then and there. Other readers (assuming they weren't spoiled) are prone to have meltdowns with the "big reveals" in LN 9 and LN 10. It's like the "always has been" astronaut meme.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The story does some pretty hard tone shifts even afterwards. People have gone total WTF with LN 7 and dropped the novel right then and there. Other readers (assuming they weren't spoiled) are prone to have meltdowns with the "big reveals" in LN 9 and LN 10. It's like the "always has been" astronaut meme.
Right now, spider returner was able to kill her mom, and is now outside of the dungeon, while the Demon Lord is down on the bottom-most level. She's been chilling down there for a while, so probably up to no good. In the mean time, the spider returner is hanging out in a little village where "White" grew up. Turns out she's a vampire (and also a returner). White is still VERY young. Like 1 year old, tops. And spider returner has stopped a group of elves from capturing her twice now. And there's also the big war between Hugo and the elves going on right now.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
So has Mushoku Tensei S2 already been confirmed? If so, how long do we have to wait for it?

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
So has Mushoku Tensei S2 already been confirmed? If so, how long do we have to wait for it?

IIRC the author only agreed to the anime on the condition that the entire thing gets animated. The studio doing it was created specifically for it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
IIRC the author only agreed to the anime on the condition that the entire thing gets animated. The studio doing it was created specifically for it.
Well fuck yeah then! This has been one of the best shows in years.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
The studio is all in on Mushoku Tensei and it's fully bankrolled. We can expect to keep seeing it for awhile now.

• 1Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
From your description I can see you're not yet at the plot twist in the final battle with the leader. Almost every LN volume has one big plot twist reveal after that.

Once you are finished with LN 9 I'll post you a the funniest review I found for the series, but it'll be a bit spoilery.