Interesting, Non Political News

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, the whole ASMR shit more recently got picked up by weirdos doing ear-licking shit and other sex stuff. The listening to kids shit is fucking bizarre and probably has some pedo nature to it, fuck that. But yeah, I get this pretty regularly in general, from shit like listening to Bob Ross videos (usually listening to the palette knife) or from those "good for radio" voices, like you'd hear on a classical music radio station or just certain soft voices in general. Definitely also don't consider it something I suffer from, it's pretty good for helping me try to relax or sleep.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Not having an inner monologue or thought process just seems bizarre.

I wonder if people who lack that are less creative or have difficulty with critical thinking problems
i dont even understand how you can read or do math equations without an inner monologue. is it like the dummies in school who felt the need to sound out all their syllables when they were studying? cuz i just wanted to punch those people in the chest.

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Not having an inner monologue or thought process just seems bizarre.

I wonder if people who lack that are less creative or have difficulty with critical thinking problems

Been told all my life I don't have the little voice that says "don't say that". Meh.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Weird, I’ve never really read about ASMR until this article. I thought it was some sex and eating combination thing. I have this, I get it when listening to certain music. A lot more with something I really like or something that I listened to a long time ago/have memories around. Almost always when I’m driving and listening to music by myself. It doesn’t feel bad, it’s like tingle chills from the head and down my back. Not something I’d call an affliction or suffering from. I don’t try triggering it though, just something that happens like when you get a random chill.
Pretty sure that "ASMR Research" is just a few horny nerds trying to get paid to watch Amouranth ASMR streams. You know, "for science".

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Weird, I’ve never really read about ASMR until this article. I thought it was some sex and eating combination thing. I have this, I get it when listening to certain music. A lot more with something I really like or something that I listened to a long time ago/have memories around. Almost always when I’m driving and listening to music by myself. It doesn’t feel bad, it’s like tingle chills from the head and down my back. Not something I’d call an affliction or suffering from. I don’t try triggering it though, just something that happens like when you get a random chill.
this is like reading "yeah, sometimes I get a headache but I dont mind it"

maybe its cause my trigger is not a pleasant one like music, but that sensation makes me need to murder everyone within arms reach. counting helps, no murders so far

People who enjoy the feeling of ASMR are more alien to me than people without an inner dialogue

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, the whole ASMR shit more recently got picked up by weirdos doing ear-licking shit and other sex stuff. The listening to kids shit is fucking bizarre and probably has some pedo nature to it, fuck that. But yeah, I get this pretty regularly in general, from shit like listening to Bob Ross videos (usually listening to the palette knife) or from those "good for radio" voices, like you'd hear on a classical music radio station or just certain soft voices in general. Definitely also don't consider it something I suffer from, it's pretty good for helping me try to relax or sleep.
I randomly get this when trying to fall asleep too, forgot about that. When that happens it’s a lot longer lasting and more widespread. No idea what triggers that as it’s when I’m half asleep/feels like I’m dreaming. It’s maybe a few times a year where the music thing is more often and noticeably when it’s certain songs/bands.

The weird videos are why I never researched it. I watched one where some thot was whispering into a microphone, then another where some thot was eating spaghetti or something in a microphone and I just noped out of looking into it further. I read a ASMR description that talked about the tingling and was like hey maybe that’s what my music thing is...then thought it was just some creepy fetish shit after those two videos.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
this is like reading "yeah, sometimes I get a headache but I dont mind it"

maybe its cause my trigger is not a pleasant one like music, but that sensation makes me need to murder everyone within arms reach. counting helps, no murders so far

People who enjoy the feeling of ASMR are more alien to me than people without an inner dialogue
Well maybe it’s the trigger that makes you hate it? When it happens to me it’s because I’m enjoying something so much. So I guess I associate it with pleasantness and you don’t? Like I just relax when it happens. If my trigger was bad I think I’d hate it too, like it would feel like a panic attack or something.

Edit: I have inner monologue for what it’s worth.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Its hard to argue with that theory. shit sucks. one of the most rage inducing things in life and I've experienced it for probably the last 40 years or so. Out of all the times I've felt the need to murder everyone around me, this has accounted for a very large fraction of them.

then after 40 some years I discovered that other people experience it sometimes too.

but they enjoy it and try to trigger it on purpose

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Its hard to argue with that theory. shit sucks. one of the most rage inducing things in life and I've experienced it for probably the last 40 years or so. Out of all the times I've felt the need to murder everyone around me, this has accounted for a very large fraction of them.

then after 40 some years I discovered that other people experience it sometimes too.

but they enjoy it and try to trigger it on purpose
What’s triggers it for you? Feel free not to answer if it’s personal.

Just curious now that I’m finding out lots of people have it. I’ve explained it to people before and they look at me like I have two heads or I’m lying. I stopped trying to explain it 20 years ago.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Not terribly personal, just dumb and frustrating.

My trigger is a verbal stupidity. The most surefire trigger is people who can't read, trying to read out loud. Next most common is mispronouncing words. It happens sometimes when someone says something without any obvious mispronunciations etc., but after a moment I'll realize they've done something like swap two words in a sentence. Sometimes its just logically incoherent sentences. It has to be outloud, of course, written incoherence doesnt do it.

I've always imagined its what Spidermans Spider Sense must feel like, except mine tingles around stupid people

this is NOT a good condition for someone who teaches for a living

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

My trigger is a verbal stupidity. The most surefire trigger is people who can't read, trying to read out loud. Next most common is mispronouncing words. It happens sometimes when someone says something without any obvious mispronunciations etc., but after a moment I'll realize they've done something like swap two words in a sentence. Sometimes its just logically incoherent sentences. It has to be outloud, of course, written incoherence doesnt do it.

I've always imagined its what Spidermans Spider Sense must feel like, except mine tingles around stupid people

Wow, that’s wild. Hear to sorry that man.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>

You would have hated me then. I'd get so bored reading out loud in school I'd purposefully read the punctuation wrong and mispronounce words. I had no idea that people struggled that much reading until our heard my state senator (I was in 5th grade) doing a bible reading. Apparently Paul wrote a letter to the Phillipines...at least according to him.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Elementary school was fuckin torture. Reading out loud in the classroom should be banned.

I dont mean that from an educational theory perspective or something. I just mean that listening to people who can't read, try to read, is torture.

• 1Like

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
These idiots are trying to make the case that a lack of an inner monologue is normal or even a positive thing. They're trying to paint an inner monologue as somehow crazy. What in the actual fuck.

OK now I'm gonna need to find a study examining political affiliations of people with and without an inner monologue. This can't be a coincidence.

"blissful silence", they call it. Unironically. They're talking about people who arent actually sentient. Goddam pod people. People that if we had a test for it we should immediately exterminate for the good of the human race. But "blissful silence", they call it. Fuck this planet.

Fucking non sentient pod people wrote this article. Pure propaganda.

People without inner voices arent actually sentient humans.
I'd wager a good chunk of no inner monologue folks were way behind on language skills in early childhood. If a 3yo still can't form coherent words, odds are he's not going to have much for inner monologue. That part of the brain likely doesn't have much plasticity, once the brain sorted out how you process your thought, it's a done deal and you're stuck with what you got.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I'd wager a good chunk of no inner monologue folks were way behind on language skills in early childhood. If a 3yo still can't form coherent words, odds are he's not going to have much for inner monologue. That part of the brain likely doesn't have much plasticity, once the brain sorted out how you process your thought, it's a done deal and you're stuck with what you got.
Watched a few videos on the topic, the current hypothesis on inner monologue is a repurported self-correction mechanism. When you talk, your language center feeds the physical bits (lung/vocal cords), and simultaneously feeds back into your hearing center, so if you're speaking "wrong", you can easily correct yourself because you compare what you're supposed to say to what you actually said. Inner speech is simply the mechanic running without need for externalized speech.

People who have no inner speech don't hear themselves talking?

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
OZQwzvak.jpeg

• 2Worf
  • 2Mother of God
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 7 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Elementary school was fuckin torture. Reading out loud in the classroom should be banned.

I dont mean that from an educational theory perspective or something. I just mean that listening to people who can't read, try to read, is torture.
it angered young chuk so much i worked extra hard to read better so i could get put in a separate room for "advanced" reading. basically it was book reports and tests with normal books. wasnt anything advanced, but it got me out of the room with the retards who couldnt manage to read the Little Golden Books out loud.
iu

i bet everyone is gonna get hit with nostalgia on these, or maybe its just an old man like me.
iu

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I randomly get this when trying to fall asleep too, forgot about that. When that happens it’s a lot longer lasting and more widespread. No idea what triggers that as it’s when I’m half asleep/feels like I’m dreaming. It’s maybe a few times a year where the music thing is more often and noticeably when it’s certain songs/bands.

The weird videos are why I never researched it. I watched one where some thot was whispering into a microphone, then another where some thot was eating spaghetti or something in a microphone and I just noped out of looking into it further. I read a ASMR description that talked about the tingling and was like hey maybe that’s what my music thing is...then thought it was just some creepy fetish shit after those two videos.
there is ASMR cooking

wait...

but it's fucking minature, like they use a playset to cooking

wait...

it's extremely popular, heres a 25million view video

• 1Mother of God

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
There used to be a TinyKitchen account on Twitter that did this shit. I fucking loved it. I've always liked tiny shit for some reason, it's adorable.