Interesting, Non Political News

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
First few nights sleeping in the Montana back country unnerved the shit out of me. You really come to understand why ancient people worshipped fire and the sun.
11485962._SY475_.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

• 2Like
  • 1Rustled
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
When people start figuring out how to mount crude firearms on some black market drones and shooting people dead, good luck ever tracking that shit down. Even better, just add a slot at the bottom and you got some high tech muggings

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
When people start figuring out how to mount crude firearms on some black market drones and shooting people dead, good luck ever tracking that shit down. Even better, just add a slot at the bottom and you got some high tech muggings

Guns would probably be impracticable. The scary stuff is explosives. Fly 5 or so into a crowded area and dive-bomb them down into a crowd and you save the trouble of convincing some fanatic to die for the cause.

• 3Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
thats a turkey, a boy made it
Drone_Roast_2.0.0.gif

• 3Like
  • 1Worf

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The thought of getting mauled to death by a bear's absolutely terrifying.

It's not a quick way to die, you'll most likely still be alive while it's eating you unless you're lucky enough to go down on your back and it tears out your throat.

• 4Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Some bears don’t kill their prey right away, they beat the shit out of it then bury it for later.

Getting attacked by a bear would suck.

I watched a documentary about a bear attack, but it wasn't any of the famous ones like grizzlyfucktard or the glacier park night of the grizzlies so I can't find it now. My instinct is to call people who don't try and help during a bear attack cowards, but I find that hard to do seeing as how iirc this was three fatalities to the same bear, and the second two were people trying to help.

Ackshually I found it while browsing a list of bear attacks. Two fatalities but at least two other people were mauled, and it was a black bear, not a grizzly. At the very least if you're going to intervene in a bear attack, try to have something more than a broken tree branch.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It's a fine hat, it's just not really right for his head or its so new that it just looks weird when it's not broken in or tilted at an angle for character.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
It's a fine hat, it's just not really right for his head or its so new that it just looks weird when it's not broken in or tilted at an angle for character.

You have one of those hats don’t you?

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
So he was in a place so remote you need a boat or plane to get there. I wonder if he was carrying a gun or bear spray - the articles don't mention either. I thought they made alarms you can put near your tent that alert you to an animal presence. Not that it would be much help in the middle of the night but it might give you enough time to grab the spray or handgun I guess. They look really well-prepared from the photos as they were on a month long kayak trip so had a full boat of supplies.

The thought of getting mauled to death by a bear's absolutely terrifying.
Dont fuck around when your in the Mackenzie river area. Dumbasses.

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I hiked the Teton Crest Trail in 2009 and it goes thru grizzly country on the northern end of the park adjacent to Yellowstone. They have you sign in and show your bear proof container to hang your food. Last I read a large number of people attacked by grizzlies don't follow basic precauctions like hanging food while camping, having food in the tent while sleeping and stuff like that.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
  • 1Worf