The Fast Food Thread

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
My dad was a manager for Wendy's in the 80s and I miss their Superbar. All you can eat for $2.99. It was surprisingly varied and good for all you can eat non-burger items...at a burger joint.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
So did any of the supertasters here go buy one yet?

1643685562618.png

• 1Haram
Reactions: 1 user

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
They opened a place by my work called Burros and Fries and holy shit is it good. They have a bunch of different burritos or you can put what's in the burritos on top of fries. The burritos are about 1.5 times bigger than chipotle burritos for comparison. My favorite so far is the buffalo chicken burrito and then the surf and turf. I know it's only in southern cali and the one in AZ but if you get a chance you guys should hit it up.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Man I miss their honey BBQ wings they had in the late 80’s and 90’s. We’d go in and the food bar was clean and stocked too.

I used to LOVE their spicy buffalo? (I can't remember the name) sauce around the same time. Might've been early 2000s. Either way, I used to order their tenders dipped in that shit by the caseload. Lit my asshole on fuckin' fire, but worth every second of the anus pain it brought. So damn good and the spiciest fast food item I can remember.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
That looks disgusting as hell. Lets stick beef, chicken and fish all on one burger. No thanks.

• 2Like

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Honey BBQ chicken at the KFC all-you-can-eat buffet were the golden years of America.

• 2Quality Calories
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
The double big mac is almost impossible to eat without the whole thing disintegrating and landing in your lap. That thing looks much worse.
They have a "Surf and Turf" version which is a mcdouble on top of a filet-o-fish. I might try one of those next week now that work is making us come back to the office.

• 1Barf

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The menu “hacks” are the dumbest shit ever. You get the individual sandwiches and have to build the monstrosities yourself. It’s just a short hand way of ordering

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The menu “hacks” are the dumbest shit ever. You get the individual sandwiches and have to build the monstrosities yourself. It’s just a short hand way of ordering

Only thing that has been hacked at McDonalds is the brains of the dumb dumbs who fell for this marketing ploy.

• 1Like

Hootie

Silver Knight of the Realm
My dad was a manager for Wendy's in the 80s and I miss their Superbar. All you can eat for $2.99. It was surprisingly varied and good for all you can eat non-burger items...at a burger joint.

So Wendy's Super bar, Pizza hut Salad and Pizza bar and KFC buffett. What a time to be a fatty!. Yes for those who hadn't lived in the late 80's early 90's all 3 had a buffett, although only in certain markets and for a certain time period.

• 2Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
these secret menu things gives ppl the feeling of being special, i think thats why retards love in&out saying shit like animal style

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Pizza hut Salad and Pizza bar
Pizza hut near me only shut down it's buffet like 3-4 years ago. Too bad it was an utterly gross and disgusting experience. Double Daves across the street is a pizza buffet and like 100x better, and they'd toss all sorts of fun pizzas like pizza's slathered in mac and cheese. Not to mention even cici's pizza was better.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I loved the variety buffets offered, especially as a kid. Only time I got excited about salad due to all the fixings. Peas on salad with ranch is still one of my favorite salad bar things.

Kinda funny buffets ensured their own demise by motivating people to eat to the point it became an unsustainable business model.

A few years ago the family would still want to go to the local mediocre country style buffet, but it was running nearly $20 per person, $15 for the grandparents that would barely fill one plate. Paying to offset the 400lb beefers at every other table. Just kept going over the years out of habit, I guess. Or to avoid arguments over where to go because at the buffet everyone was just equally unhappy.

I loved high(er) quality Asian or Indian buffets you could still find around military bases 20 years ago, but not sure they even do that anymore or if they're any good these days.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I loved high(er) quality Asian or Indian buffets you could still find around military bases 20 years ago, but not sure they even do that anymore or if they're any good these days.
when we first moved to va, good chinese food was hard to come by until a china man (work visa) told us to goto hong kong king buffett, it was great, they had dim sum and real chinese food at the back end table and regular buffett food for the while ppl in front. we stopped going on sundays cuz the blacks would swarm the place at lunch time after church let out. i wonder if Vanessa Vanessa ever went.

i'm sure they suck now cuz of covid
(yup all recent bad reviews)

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Older people when I was young in the 90's and early 2000's would fucking LOVE cafeteria style places. There's one place, MCL, that I REFUSED to eat at and used to joke they smuggled in everyone's medication into the fried chicken. But anyone 50+ LOVED IT. Why? I have no idea. You'd get your tray, go down the little thing and pick up things and then get charged per item. It was like the selection of the buffet but with major restrictions. No seconds, no manual servings. I just remember wondering why the fuck people wanted to pay $10-15 dollars (you had servers you had to tip as well who did your drinks) to get 1 MAYBE 2 pieces of fried chicken, low grade mashed potatoes, shitty macaroni, and jello for dessert. Yes, JELLO. Regular fucking jello.

Basically it was like gauging old people before they were forced into retirement homes. Definitely set them up for the lifestyle though.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
For a brief period of time Sizzler was relevant. Quality at my local one lasted shorter than Friendly's unfortunately.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
7/10 not bad but after having the god tier king Nashville Hot Chicken flavor this year from Dollar General nothing compares.

A76EF096-3A36-493E-A269-BA160F842647.jpeg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users