Black Friday 2017

Ryanz

<Banned>
Newegg has been unimpressive for years. They get trumped by Amazon and even B&H Photo at times.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Yeah since I have been shopping for parts recently I have been looking at newegg and amazon always price matches their sales from what I can tell. I've never had any issues with Amazon and the customer service there has always been top notch so I don't see the benefit of newegg really.

Is B&H photo decent? They always seemed kind of sketchy for me, or how about TigerDirect?

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Thee weeks after I returned something to amazon and they received it in good condition, and I still haven't gotten my money back. Their customer service doesn't impress me.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Thee weeks after I returned something to amazon and they received it in good condition, and I still haven't gotten my money back. Their customer service doesn't impress me.

You should call them usually they take care of that shit right away.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
pickup the goddam phone and call.

• 1Worf

Oldbased

> Than U
In comparison, I bought a item a few weeks back on Amazon which had over 100 4+ reviews. I didn't pay attention and all of those reviews were in 2 days. After the item was delivered Amazon had removed all the reviews and it had a dozen 1 star did not work reviews. I click return item and that the item was potentially not as advertised. Printed label and as soon as I dropped it off at the UPS store was credited back to my account. No interaction at all with the CS.

Should add, I've had my fair share of issues with Amazon. If you buy outside of full filled by Amazon/non prime then it can be messy. Also never keep items on subscribe and save. other than locking in that months order. If you don't like the prices today, add it to cart then save for later for easy price tracking. It will be different tomorrow. If you let prime run out, most things you have a history of buying appear to suddenly be Prime only. Amazon does some shady shit and I've had more than one order be knock off counterfeit stuff, especially when it comes to things like flea treatments for pets and exercise stuff. Follow the above rules though and Amazon either lets me keep the item with refund or refunds it on drop off to UPS before I even get back home.

Some odd things with them as well like last year Halloween candy. 10lb bag or something for $7. Shipped in October but it was hot which was not normal. I left a message in the shipping review and they sent a new bag without me even asking. It came melted too as it was within the same heat wave. I said thanks for the replacement but it was soft as well and they sent yet another bag. I ended up with 30 lbs of name brand candy, which after a short stay in the fridge was just fine.

Amazon is a odd beast.

Last edited:

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I have had nothing but excellent experience with Amazon CS. It's been so good that I am surprised that anyone have had any experience that was negative.

As for the thread, please find iPad pro 12 inch deal. Thanks.

Oldbased

> Than U
I have had nothing but excellent experience with Amazon CS. It's been so good that I am surprised that anyone have had any experience that was negative.

As for the thread, please find iPad pro 12 inch deal. Thanks.
I've had some nasty ones I didn't mention. One was the 4 pack of equipment mats. I got sent 1 and the CS agent basically called me a liar. It wasn't until numerous phone calls and them talking to the delivery man that it was a single roll delivered that they realized they sent me 1 not 4. That was roughly a dozen calls and 10 hours wasted. I got a $5 credit and had to even send the single one back to get 4 more delivered of the same.
Had another where I was double charged that they could not see in their system being paypal mastercard used for whatever reason. Many hours to get that resolved.

On the flip side, I've ordered something and instead received a case of it from manufacture. We order 4+ things a month on average and have for years so stuff can and will go wrong. I've just noticed that when it is full filled by Amazon CS has much more control and ability to resolve issues quickly.

Fadaar

That guy
Amazon CS has been great for me. Had a package show as delivered but was never at my door or mailbox, talked to CS and got a full refund and they even said in the automatically generated e-mail that if the package ever did show up, just keep it on them. It was only like $35 worth of stuff (small tripod for spotting scope and Micro USB -> USB C adapter to keep around for my phone while traveling) but still nice. I also called the post office and bitched about it. They took forever to do anything so I ended up calling Amazon and had the previously mentioned stuff happen. Eventually like a week later the post office got hold of my shit and delivered it to me, so I guess I got stuff for free even though it wasn't Amazon's fault at all and the whole of the blame was the local mailtards.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i'm making a more advanced bug out bag for the two of us, since my wife is like "a lot of shit has happened", and i've just been putting basic backpacks into my wish list. Theres a lightning deal on one of em now for 10bucks cheaper, but it won't goto cart, there's an issue. I called Amazon and got a god damn indian with a dot. These are usually really stupid and unhelpful, i told her to give me a 10$ credit so i can purchase it later, she said no she can't, then after screaming at her for a bit and saying she was absolutely the most useless support i've ever had to deal with on amazon, (i have prime, so you're like allowed to treat them like dog shit for some reason) she said sure, she can give the 10$ credit now.

I didn't give a shit about the 10$ actually, i just want the credit, b/c i couldn't buy the lightning deal (she says it's a system error), and i got this stupid indian with a dot. It was really just about the principle really.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Trump
Reactions: 3 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
sand dindus are not asian.

I do find it amusing that you took shit for saying Japs aren't Asians by people who rage about Pakis being called Asian. Technically, dot indians and sand dindus are Asian alright, while Japs are pacific islanders.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I do find it amusing that you took shit for saying Japs aren't Asians by people who rage about Pakis being called Asian. Technically, dot indians and sand dindus are Asian alright, while Japs are pacific islanders.
Sand Dindus are absolutely NOT Asian, they should be correctly labeled as "Target Practice - Eastern Minor".

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
sand dindus are not asian.
The Brits report otherwise! Grooming and asian-ness go hand in crotch.

But, yeah, is BF even worthwhile for deals the last 5 years now that we're kind of out of a major recession?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The Brits report otherwise! Grooming and asian-ness go hand in crotch.

But, yeah, is BF even worthwhile for deals the last 5 years now that we're kind of out of a major recession?
this year seems more worthwhile than most cuz it's nearing the end of console life cycle and new sku's are coming out, along with a heavy push for 4k so 1080p for the bedroom can be had for cheap.