Black Friday 2017

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Hey fam, anyone find a good deal on a 23 or 24 inch G-sync monitor? Only one I've found is the dell for $380 which looks cool, but I'd rather pay a bit less as I don't need a ton of features.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
[Meta] Preview of Newegg's Black Friday deals. • r/buildapcsales

IgMyx.gif

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Thinking of picking up a new gaming laptop since I'm on the road for work a hell of a lot more. I haven't kept up with current tech and models in eons. Are there any specific brands / models to stay away from? Any I should be looking at?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
My very faithful Xbox 360 controller lasted me over 10 years but it's on its last legs so I need a replacement. Anyone know a place I can find one online in Canada on Black Friday or in general? The big chains like Gamestop only carry the newest Xbox one and they're all wireless. I'd rather pay less for a wired one. Newegg/Amazon has some from China which I assume are garbage and I don't want to wait weeks for delivery. I called a local mom/pop game store and they have a used wired Xbox controller for $30 which I think I'm going to go with unless you guys know something better.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Thinking of picking up a new gaming laptop since I'm on the road for work a hell of a lot more. I haven't kept up with current tech and models in eons. Are there any specific brands / models to stay away from? Any I should be looking at?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Check the laptop thread in the tech forum is best bet.

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
My very faithful Xbox 360 controller lasted me over 10 years but it's on its last legs so I need a replacement. Anyone know a place I can find one online in Canada on Black Friday or in general? The big chains like Gamestop only carry the newest Xbox one and they're all wireless. I'd rather pay less for a wired one. Newegg/Amazon has some from China which I assume are garbage and I don't want to wait weeks for delivery. I called a local mom/pop game store and they have a used wired Xbox controller for $30 which I think I'm going to go with unless you guys know something better.
Make sure there is some kind of warranty, but that is probably your best bet even though it feels expensive as shit.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
ebay ca is about the same for a real microsoft controller
Microsoft Xbox 360 Wired Controllers & Attachments | eBay

sidenote, whats wrong w/ wireless? i use the wireless 360 on PC for years, using it right now for divinity2 and walking dead.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
Nothing's wrong with wireless. I don't really care about cable management and I play on my laptop so distance isn't an issue but I would probably go wireless if it was in my living room.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Some guy made a spreadsheet of all the software and DVD/BR/4k deals:

U.S. Black Friday 2017 Spreadsheet

Not too interested in the software outside Forza Horizon 3 for $15 for my brother but plan on snagging Blade Runner, Mad Max, John Wick 1/2, Conan (if original Arnold version) on 4k for myself and Cars 3, Lego Batman for the kids.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Think I'll try to pick up a decent camera to replace my gen 1 digital rebel.

• 1Like

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
GameStop Is Literally Giving Away Xbox 360s On Black Friday

GameStop's Black Friday ad just leaked, and the console deals are just about in line with what we're seeing elsewhere. Just about in line, however, with one major exception. There's one deal in this mix that deserves special mention because I'm not sure I've ever seen anything like it, nor are we likely to see anything like it anytime soon. GameStop is offering an Xbox 360 for $59.99, complete with a mail-in rebate for $59.99. So, if I'm doing my math correctly that would make this Xbox 360 come in just around $0. That's right, GameStop is literally giving away Xbox 360s.

If anyone missed some of the good releases...

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

that's close to the best deal anyway, and you should support your local shop :)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
after cybermonday is over, are we gonna repurpose this thread for the fat on fat bf violence?

• 1Worf

Goatface

anyone seen xbox one controller for less than $39?

or 32+gb flashdrives lower than $5 (walmart)