Black Friday 2017

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i think this year i skip black friday for gizmos and buy a used truck. who makes the best mid to full size trucks in the last 10 years? is it still Ford?

• 1Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Oldbased

> Than U
Check out this Le tout nouveau 2017 28” 2.0 VIZIO Système de Barre de son
I have a few of the 2015 29" models which is the exact same by looking at the specs of this 2017 28" model.
MUCH better than TV sound and pretty good audio. $50 shipped seems like a solid deal to me.
If you need surround/sub they have those on sale as well. It appears from the ones I looked at that direct from Vizio is the best deal, but didn't check all the store fliers.

Not sure why the link text is so wonky.
Do the email sign up for an additional 5% off and ebates is 2.5% cash back. Pay with a cash back card for more back.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
if amazon ordering, use chrome install amazon assistant and get 5 off 25 credit
Amazon Assistant

just uninstall later, cuz it's annoying.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
I'm so pissed I missed the compressor+kit for $99 yesterday. I had it in cart with 5 hours left and figured I was safe then boom sold out.
I had done the Amazon assistant for $5, gifted myself a $50 giftcard for $15 and loaded another $100 onto that card for an additional $10. So I spent $150 and have $193( had 13 in GC/promotional already ) in amazon cash ready to go.
Thinking maybe a good HR watch. Maybe some beet juice powder and cat shit.

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Holiday Savings on Corel Software!
Up to 60% off on alot of thier software.
They're throwing in bonus crap "up to 290 bucks worth"
Since when did anyone use winzip still? Let alone it turn into a paid product?

ParticleShop, Holiday Scripts and WinZip being amoung the offers

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i think this year i skip black friday for gizmos and buy a used truck. who makes the best mid to full size trucks in the last 10 years? is it still Ford?
narrowing down my truck search. i dont want to drive a truck full time. i just want something for winter and bad weather. i will still use the ragtop for nice weather.

2008 chevy suburban 82k miles 4x4 $4200
2008 Chevrolet Suburban LT w2LT
00k0k_43WrOzsk1pc_600x450.jpg

2006 Dodge Durango 150k miles 4x4 $2700
2006 Dodge Durango SLT Hemi
01515_7W67OyJjJ8s_600x450.jpg

or go full soccer mom and grab a 2004 Nissan Quest, 98k miles FWD for $3500
2004 NISSAN QUEST 3.5 SE
00h0h_fZbBtFc6TqO_600x450.jpg

• 5Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
narrowing down my truck search. i dont want to drive a truck full time. i just want something for winter and bad weather. i will still use the ragtop for nice weather.

2008 chevy suburban 82k miles 4x4 $4200
2008 Chevrolet Suburban LT w2LT
00k0k_43WrOzsk1pc_600x450.jpg

2006 Dodge Durango 150k miles 4x4 $2700
2006 Dodge Durango SLT Hemi
01515_7W67OyJjJ8s_600x450.jpg

or go full soccer mom and grab a 2004 Nissan Quest, 98k miles FWD for $3500
2004 NISSAN QUEST 3.5 SE
00h0h_fZbBtFc6TqO_600x450.jpg

Dodge Durangos are garbage. Pro mechanics always say dont buy a mini-van. Chevy hasnt made a decent product since 2000.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Brikker

Trump's Staff
  • 1Barf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Oldbased

> Than U
If you are going van go with GMC Safari up until I think 2002. Maybe 2004. The year they stopped making the double rear door hatch ruined it. You can slide 4x8 sheets of drywall/plywood into it with the seats out, or have 10-16' lumber angled over the double doors with upper hatch up without worrying about your shit sliding out. Full on rack on top for ladders/heavy gear and it used a full 3/4 ton TRUCK frame with a solid 4.3l engine that can haul ass and tons of shit.
I've been watching for them a year now to replace my 96 with now 273k miles on it, but in no rush, after a hiccup this year which turned out to be ignition issues, a short and a cold start failure in the coolant sensor I expect it'll last another 2-3 years still but right now they have been running 3-6k for even the 90s with 200k miles. I guess I was damn lucky to find mine for $800 in 2011 from an alarm company. Astro is technically the same van just GM branded but for whatever reason the GMC seems better even though same engine and stuff. Put some big truck tires on it and a few thousand pounds of tools in a already 5800 lb van and you'll feel like a rolling tank going down the road yet it handles like a minivan on braking and a coupe on acceleration.

That Suburban would be my 2nd choice. I miss my old one that we had stuck a 350 in with flowmaster exhaust, off road tires, bush guard and tinted out on black. Beastly thing. It took a cow like a champ at about 30mph.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
If you are going van go with GMC Safari up until I think 2002. Maybe 2004. The year they stopped making the double rear door hatch ruined it. You can slide 4x8 sheets of drywall/plywood into it with the seats out, or have 10-16' lumber angled over the double doors with upper hatch up without worrying about your shit sliding out. Full on rack on top for ladders/heavy gear and it used a full 3/4 ton TRUCK frame with a solid 4.3l engine that can haul ass and tons of shit.
I've been watching for them a year now to replace my 96 with now 273k miles on it, but in no rush, after a hiccup this year which turned out to be ignition issues, a short and a cold start failure in the coolant sensor I expect it'll last another 2-3 years still but right now they have been running 3-6k for even the 90s with 200k miles. I guess I was damn lucky to find mine for $800 in 2011 from an alarm company. Astro is technically the same van just GM branded but for whatever reason the GMC seems better even though same engine and stuff. Put some big truck tires on it and a few thousand pounds of tools in a already 5800 lb van and you'll feel like a rolling tank going down the road yet it handles like a minivan on braking and a coupe on acceleration.

That Suburban would be my 2nd choice. I miss my old one that we had stuck a 350 in with flowmaster exhaust, off road tires, bush guard and tinted out on black. Beastly thing. It took a cow like a champ at about 30mph.
i thought you were making a joke about Astro vans for Astro or something. i test drove a safari years ago, it is a beast. my mom is an old lady though and she couldnt get in one so i didnt go with it. my next choice would be a Toyota Sienna AWD, but the dindus around here like those catalytic converters. so i will have to pick something less exotic. those american trucks have luxury and its easy to get into them. i dont need a truck. i wouldnt use it for work and i doubt i even put 5000 miles a year on it. i just want something to drive during winter and bad weather. yeah i like the Suburban too, or a Yukon Denali.

Oldbased

> Than U
i thought you were making a joke about Astro vans for Astro or something. i test drove a safari years ago, it is a beast. my mom is an old lady though and she couldnt get in one so i didnt go with it. my next choice would be a Toyota Sienna AWD, but the dindus around here like those catalytic converters. so i will have to pick something less exotic. those american trucks have luxury and its easy to get into them. i dont need a truck. i wouldnt use it for work and i doubt i even put 5000 miles a year on it. i just want something to drive during winter and bad weather. yeah i like the Suburban too, or a Yukon Denali.
Safari handles well on snow and dry but it is a bit rough on wet roads and terrible on ice. Way off the ground and center gravity/weight to wheelbase ratio and so forth. If not a work van go with the suburban although I managed to get mine stuck a time or two but I had a winch installed behind the bush guard to always pull me out of muddy fields and shit.

Getting in and out of the Safari is hard on my old broken back but not as bad as our TA which is basically like sitting on the floor and crawling out of a crawlspace. Our vehicle selection is pretty piss poor given both our health issues haha.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I was hoping for a deal on the Galaxy S8+ but it seems like there's basically jack shit unless you're willing to switch carriers which isn't an option for me. Verizon will give me $300 off if I increase my bill by $30 a month and switch to unlimited (fuck you) and Samsung will give me some useless shit that I don't want in return for paying $150 above the regular amazon price. Anybody seen a real discount on a Samsung phone?

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I came here hoping for videos of raging lunatics murdering each other over TV sets they can't afford, and all I found was a discussion of deals. Worst Black Friday thread ever!

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I came here hoping for videos of raging lunatics murdering each other over TV sets they can't afford, and all I found was a discussion of deals. Worst Black Friday thread ever!

SIR. If you read the thread this is how we are repurposing it after we get the good shit.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Astro needs the nanny car to haul off all the sweet deals he's gonna be getting.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My wife does black Friday shopping just for kid toys/random gifts. I went for a few years and it's garbage. I think we're on the cusp of everything being available online too

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Was the first one in the door at the local Gamestop when they opened. Out of $200 PS4s before the first customer could buy one, but they had a nice shiny pile of $350 Battlefield PS4 bundles for sale... Nearly tripped over the mountain of unwanted x-boxes they had piled up next to the door.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users